May 2011 Moms
Options

Recommend your BCP

I'm going to have my Mirena removed. Long story but I think I am experiencing some of the side effects. Not sure of course until I get it out, but for me it feels like the right choice. Any of you ladies on a BCP that you like? I'd love if it was one that had a lower hormone dose. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your BCP

• Options
    I take Ocella which is a generic form of Yasmin.  I tried Yaz and I cried CONSTANTLY.  I wanted the lighter periods Yaz promised but it wasn't worth it.  I've been on Yasmin for years (well, except the year leading into my pregnancy and the year since conceiving) and it works great for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I opted for the no sex option haha

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekerrbear72:

I like the way you think!

I'm on Lessina, which is the generic form of Alesse. I usually have problems with getting sick/moody from horomones, but for some reason, this BCP doesn't bother me in the least. I'm very happy with it.

• Options

imagekerrbear72:

Me too, really. But for the occasional time that I give in (how sad it is to write it like that) I really want to make sure I don't get KU. 

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemullenem:

I had my mirena taken out about a month ago.  I wasn't really haven't any side effects with it but my H could feel it every.single.time even after they tried to clip the strings.  Apparently it's just not going to work for us. 

So now I'm on a mini pill which I'm not loving but will only use for a couple more months, until I quit BFing.  Then I'll go back on Kariva which is a generic for Mircette I believe.  I really liked it and didn't have any side effects with it, plus my periods were only 2-3 days.

I was on Mircette, also, pre-Layla. It was awesome! I loved it. No side effects, and my period was 3 days MAX.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"