Cloth Diapering
Options

FTM: Cloth Diaper Question

I just bought DS some JSB cloth diapers and was wondering if there is a need to transition him from disposable to cloth. 

We were going to go cloth when he was born but decided to go disposable thinking that would be better. However, we reversed our decision once we started to see how much we were spending. 

How did your LO react to the difference in material and were they easier to take care of, how do you use them when you are out and about? (FTM)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FTM: Cloth Diaper Question

• Options

I started CDing DS at 3 months in BG OS. I don't think the difference in material was an issue, but I did feel like the extra bulk might have gotten in his way a little bit at first. It could have just been my imagination, but I'm not the first person to ask about whether CDing affects milestones like rolling over. OSs can seem pretty huge at first. OTOH, once he started walking I think the extra padding saved his poor bum during countless falls.

When I am out and about I just take a wetbag with me. Instead of throwing the diaper in the trash, I put it in the wetbag and just unstuff it when I get home. I did need to get a larger diaper bag to accommodate CDs just because I had a really tiny one before... but that was all there was to it.

We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We just stopped using the disposables and started using the cloth diapers...not sure of any other way to "transition"? :) Baby doesn't notice one way or the other what she's wearing, just so long as we keep her happy and dry she doesn't seem to mind.

As for being out and about, get a travel sized wet bag to store the dirty ones. Here's an example:

imageBummis Wet Diaper Bag

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We had no issues switching, although we started cloth at around 2w.  I find them very easy to take care of, but it's a learning curve and everyone has a different experience with it.  I also use a wet bag - there are a bunch of great ones out there, so I'm sure you can find one if you hit up any of the online stores.  

I will give the caveat that I am not familiar with JSB diapers, so this has been my experience with other ones.  

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Options
    Mine hates disposables. Literally. I don't think you will have to worry about a transition as long as you change often enough.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just started CD as well with JSB.  I just moved right into the cloth right away.  my son had no problem with the transition. Other than the transition period for me and my hubby(figuring out the fit and the timing)

We love our JSB's even when we are out and about.  I just made a few wet bags so that I always had one available.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had no issue when we switched DD to cloth when she was around 6 weeks. She didn't really notice a difference between them at all.

I haven't noticed any delay in DD reaching her milestones. She has achieved everything at the same time or earlier than everyone elses's LO that I know that is in sposies full time. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"