Birth Stories

Makayla Jade is here!

My water broke around 9:15pm on January 14th when DH and I were lying in bed watching tv. I called my doctors after hours line who paged my doctor to call me back and make sure that it was my water. My doctor sent me straight to L&D. We arrived at L&D around 9:45pm and they checked me. I was only dilated 3 cm. The nurses called my doctor for instructions and she told them that we were going to wait for my body prepare. This was fine with me as long as I was able to get my epidural in time for pushing. So time passes and I start to feel stronger BH, so the nurse calls the doctor who suggests pitocin. They give me the IV and we wait and wait. Finally around 12:00am I start to feel strong contractions. I breathe through them until I just can't take anymore, so I call for the nurse. They are only able to give something to take the edge off, and wait for the anesthesiologist to come with the epidural, so they give me fentanyl and another bag of IV fluid. This helps for a little while, so I try to rest. Around 3:30am, I start to get really strong, unbearable contractions, and I'm guessing the fentanyl wore off. I call for the nurse and ask them to please get the epidural. Well it's too late! I was already dilated to 10 cm and baby's head was right there! I was LIVID! I had been asking periodically for the epidural so that this didn't happen. So anyway, they rush to get the doctor in the room and I start pushing around 3:40am. Makayla Jade is born at 3:51am. She weighed 7lbs. 1.2oz and was 20in long. She's perfect and well worth the pain!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Makayla Jade is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"