Natural Birth
Options

Seriously?

A friend of mine gave birth to her beautiful little girl today. I know I've complained about the 2 OBs in my town on here before, but this one seriously takes the cake. 

He induced her for low fluid levels yesterday afternoon. He started her on Cervadil, which put her into active labor almost immediately. At 3am, he had the nurses pull the Cervadil even though it hadn't been 12 hours because he didn't want to come in in the middle of the night to deliver the baby. He told them to pull it and then start Pit at 6 and he would be in at 7 to deliver the baby. 

If you don't want your life interrupted by women in labor, you picked the wrong career, doc.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Seriously?

• Options
    I'm starting to have a very negative opinion on OB's and over medicalized birth. It's total BS and yet this kind of crap happens every day at probably every l&d in the country. Shameful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options

Too many doctors want to work banker's hour's (9 to 5) and it starts in medical school. 

My mom's a doctor and she went to her medical school reunion and was horrified at how they make everything be 9 to 5 for most of the students. My mom never did the 9 to 5 thing. She's on call 24/7 for her patients and for those patients of her partners when she takes call for them. My mom, who's a Ped,  has even stayed over night at the hospital because there was a snow storm and she had an extremely sick patient that she didn't want to miss anything for or be late getting to them if anything happened.

Babies are not supposed to be born on the doctor's schedule, they are supposed to be born on their own schedule! I'm looking at possibly having to be induced for medical reasons and we are trying to do things so everything is at least going to happen when my OB is there or on call because I don't trust the other OB's.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was induced with Cervadil, and they pulled it before 12 hours because it sent me into active labor. It didn't stall my labor when they pulled it, and I never had to have Pit.

But, that is total crap that he put a time limit on the baby! If he was going to be that stupid about it, why didn't they just start it at a different time?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagewhitney1170:

I was induced with Cervadil, and they pulled it before 12 hours because it sent me into active labor. It didn't stall my labor when they pulled it, and I never had to have Pit.

But, that is total crap that he put a time limit on the baby! If he was going to be that stupid about it, why didn't they just start it at a different time?

Because then he would have had to get up earlier. Babies are supposed to be born between 9-4, don't you know that? /sarcasm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"