Birth Stories

Meleane's Birth Story - Almost 5 months LATE :)

Well, I am super late.. But better late than never!

I had a scheduled c-section on October 19th, 2011. We were supposed to be at the hospital at 6:30am. Before leaving to the hospital I had to shower at home with the surprisingly not so bad smelling medical soap. My boyfriend and son got ready at the last minute so I literally got there at 6:30. My Dad was there and stayed with my son in the waiting room. Really early for a 4 year old, but we had to do what we had to do! 

They put us in a really nice room, actually it was pretty familiar. I spent nearly a day and a half in that same room while in labor with my son. It was cute to be there again, but I was a bit skeptical since I had a terrible labor with my son. We filled out paper work, got comfortable, and they put an IV on me. We waited about 2 hours to go into the OR. After that, every thing went by so fast!

I got a spinal block and it hurt pretty bad, but not worse than two days of labor haha. They prepped me for surgery and my boyfriend came into the room. The medication started to make me sick after the surgery started, I was ready to hurl. Then my nose started to itch terribly. I was given an oxygen mask, but it kind of made things worse. I kept my cool though and just tried to stay calm.

With my first c-section I was put under and this time I was awake. The fact that I couldn't move my legs and was being cut into really screwed with my mind lol. I really tried to just focus on seeing my baby girl! After trying to kick the doctor on her way out and tons of pressure my daughter was born at 9:04am. She weighed 8 lbs 2.7 oz, beautiful and perfect.

We stayed at the hospital for four days and it was WONDERFUL! The staff was fabulous and our care was great. My recovery was great, and my scar is not bad at all! Meleane will be 5 months in a week and I love her to pieces :)

Thanks for reading!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Meleane's Birth Story - Almost 5 months LATE :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"