Military Families

hospital costs

Does anyone whose delivered on tricare standard remember how much there bill was? And if so was your delivery vaginal or c section. Just trying to get a guess on how much were in for.
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hospital costs

• Maternity care is 100% covered regardless of which Tricare plan you're covered under. Some people get charged a hospital copay on Standard, which is correct according to the Tricare handbook, but it's $16.50/day.

FWIW, I delivered vaginally under Tricare Standard and paid $0 OOP, not even the copay.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I delivered vaginally, and I was in the hospital for two days. I paid $33. Pregnancy and delivery are NOT cost shared. You pay a set rate for your hospital stay which is around $17/day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a vaginal delivery on Standard and paid nothing.  Not a dime.  I also had no meds, so I don't know if that effects anything.  I was there for 48 hours. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had an emergency c/s and paid $63.  It was great.
  • I had a c/s and was in the hospital 6 days. We paid around $85, I can't remember the exact cost.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Vaginal 2 nights in the hospital and I paid 37.50.
  • I didn't pay anything, had a natural birth and was discharged 10 hrs after giving birth.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had 1 baby completely natural (no pain meds and no meds to help labor along).  I stayed 1 night and paid $25.   

My next baby was a c-section.  I was in the hospital for 3 nights and paid $75 ($25/night).  

R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ditto what the others said.  It's about $17/night with a $25 minimum, regardless of what services/interventions you end up using/needing.

The costs are very minimal. 

Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LO was born by c-section. At birth, he had meconium in his throat, so he landed in the NICU for 12 hours. I had Pre-eclampsia and HELLP Syndrome. After delivery, they sent me back to L&D for 36 hours for care/treatment before moving me to the postpartum ward. We were there for three night and paid sixty some dollars.

When I got the bill in the mail, I wondered out loud, to my mom, about the reason for the amount. My mom's response was, "Don't question it! That's next to nothing! Just pay it!"
  • Awesome Question! I was wondering the same thing, did they use Base hosp? or out on town hosp?  Cause I'm not thrilled with our base hosp...

They insisted I needed an iv for them to draw a tube of blood and give me a shot in the butt for a back ache.. and 3 corpsman insisted on trying before giving up and listening to me that the IV  wasn't needed I'd take the shot in the butt, cause i wasn't gonna feel it in a second anyway. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"