Natural Birth

Planned NB that didn't pan out - birth story

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/64292460/ShowThread.aspx#64292460

I desperately wanted to have the NB I had planned on, but I just couldn't handle the induced contractions (even though I've heard of many that have). Part of me wants to try again for our next one, but maybe I'm just not cut out for it! Anyone have any experience with enduring oral cytotec?

Re: Planned NB that didn't pan out - birth story

• Congrats! Don't beat yourself up for getting an epidural. They are wonderful for when labors are long and hard (which yours definitely sounds like - not getting sleep is a miserable experience!!).

You definitely have time to decide what to do for your next birth, but it'll be a different pregnancy, and different birth :). Take care, and enjoy your new baby!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• You did your research and decided on a birth plan that was right for you. Then circumstances change and you're asked to make decisions that may alter your original plan. It sounds like you made the right decisions, so I hope you can find peace with them. You did good mama- Congrats on your new little joy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Loading the player...
  • You did 6 hours of induction without meds, that's fantastic.  I had an hour and a half of Pitocin and asked my DH for the epidural.   He was able to delay me, but I wouldn't have made It six hours on the pit.   You should be proud of yourself.   My Bradley teacher says that even an epidural can be a necessary intervention with long painful labors.   I have full faith that you could have a NB next time if you want, you're an amazingly strong woman.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"