TTC after 35

Mock transfer question

I have my mock transfer scheduled on March 27.  It is at 9:30 in the morning.  Is it going to hurt?  I really don't know what to expect.  I have two really important meetings that day.  The first one is at 1:00.  Will I be able to do that meeting and be comfortable talking in front of a large group of people?
BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mock transfer question

• Not at all for me. I think it's basically just putting a catheter in and measuring the distance to optimal placement. If you've had not trouble with IUIs, it shouldn't be a problem. 

You aren't doing a saline sonogram at the same time? My office pairs them. That's uncomfortable but not horrible (I just came back from one and I can still feel it, but am fine to work). 

• They did not say anything about a saline sonogram.  This is all happening so fast.  At the beginning of the day yesterday, I thought that I would be starting another cycle of injectables for IUI.  By the end of the day, I was quickly scheduling everything to start IVF.  I did not even know that today I would need to pay $7000 for my drugs.  That was a big surprise phone call waiting on my voicemail when I got into the office.

I feel totally overwhelmed.  No problem with the IUIs so hopefully, all will be well.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You'll be fine. Mine was yesterday. I was a tiny bit crampy for the rest of the day since I had the saline ultrasound at the same time, but I would have been fine with an ibuprofen. 

No big deal at all. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • It's not bad at all, and you will probably do an SHG at the same time, if you haven't had one done. Remember to breathe because it does sound like things are moving very quickly for you.

ETA: Good luck!

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • imageCountry Girl in the City:

They did not say anything about a saline sonogram.  This is all happening so fast.  At the beginning of the day yesterday, I thought that I would be starting another cycle of injectables for IUI.  By the end of the day, I was quickly scheduling everything to start IVF.  I did not even know that today I would need to pay $7000 for my drugs.  That was a big surprise phone call waiting on my voicemail when I got into the office.

I feel totally overwhelmed.  No problem with the IUIs so hopefully, all will be well.

Wow, I can see how you are overwhelmed! I agree with the others, the mock transfer and saline sonogram were pretty easy for me. I went straight to work afterwards. I have never had any pain with IUI's or paps, so that's probably a good way to gauge your response. Good luck! 

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies.  I would have sent someone else to my meetings but felt like I needed to give them a heads up.  Sounds like I can just say that I have a doctor's appointment and no one will notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"