TTC After a Loss

Going to RE tomorrow, and now I'm having a brain fart

I've been anticipating my first RE appointment for what feels like forever, and now that it is coming up tomorrow, my mind is drawing a blank! I have put together copies of my labs that my OB mailed to me and I wrote out a time line of events. Now I'm trying to come up with a list of questions and I don't even know where to begin. As far as I know, tomorrow is just an initial consult, where I will sit down with a financial counselor for about 5-10 minutes, then will meet with the RE for about 30 minutes. Here's what I've got so far (I am coming up with these as I type, so bear with me):

1. Can you give me more info on my "slightly elevated homocysteine" diagnosis from my RPL labs?

2. Is there any testing that you recommend that hasn't already been done?

3. If so, should we TTA until those are done?

4. My OB wants to do a saline infusion sonogram after AF arrives. Do you recommend that I follow through with this procedure through my OB's office, or have any other suggestions?

5. What are your thoughts about my current diet and exercise plan?

6. What are your thoughts about long follicular phases and short luteal phases?

7. What are your thoughts on hypothyroidism and TTCAL?

OK, it looks like I have more questions than I thought I had. Am I missing anything that you would ask?

Thanks in advance. Sorry this got to be longer than I expected.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going to RE tomorrow, and now I'm having a brain fart

• I have nothing to add, but wanted to wish you luck on your first RE appointment!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never been to an RE, but those look like good questions. Just curious (you don't have to answer if you don't want), what was your homocystine level? Did you test positive for MTHFR?
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • My only addition would be to question 4: my RE wanted to do a hysteroscopy instead of an HSG, so I might ask about that. It might be more expensive, but if there is something that needs to be taken care of (like scar tissue/fibroids), it can be done then. If I had just had an HSG, it would have shown fibroids and then I would have had to have a hysteroscopy anyway.

Good luck! FX that everything goes well! 

BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Those questions look good to me, good luck tomorrow!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • imageStephRN23:
    I've never been to an RE, but those look like good questions. Just curious (you don't have to answer if you don't want), what was your homocystine level? Did you test positive for MTHFR?

My MTHFR came back normal, from what I can tell by reading my lab slips. Though I am curious whether there are other issues that either weren't tested, or were tested but  compared to "outdated" normal ranges.

Thanks ladies. 

• imagebluebonnetmeg:

My only addition would be to question 4: my RE wanted to do a hysteroscopy instead of an HSG, so I might ask about that. It might be more expensive, but if there is something that needs to be taken care of (like scar tissue/fibroids), it can be done then. If I had just had an HSG, it would have shown fibroids and then I would have had to have a hysteroscopy anyway.

Good luck! FX that everything goes well! 

Good point. I will add that to my list. Thank you. 

• I don't have any questions to add but want to wish you the best at your appointment. 
    BFP#1: 9.16.08 DD: 5.28.09
    BFP#2: 7.10.11 MMC: 8.3.11 D&C: 8.29.11
    BFP#3: 12.5.11 MC: 12.22.11
    BFP#4: 2.14.12 MMC: 3.8.12 D&C: 3.13.12 Loss due to Trisomy 16
    BFP#5: 6.11.12 MC: 6.28.12 Loss due to Triploidy
    RPL BW, Sonohystogram, Chromosome testing on DH and myself = everything is normal
    BFP#6: 12.4.12 EDD: 8.16.13
    Things I did different with this pregnancy:
    1. Waited TTC until after I had 3 normal menstrual cycles.
    2. Got a new OB - amazing man who listened!
    3. 200 mg progesterone until 12 weeks
    4. Daily lovenox injections
  • I don't have any questions to add....most of my questions for the RE came through our conversation, which I'm sure will happen with you too. Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow. I hope after the appointment you have the answers you've been wanting and a plan to move forward.

Please let us know how it goes.

• Thanks girls!
  • Those questions along with your timeline sound excellent.  Good luck!!!
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"