Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

IT Savvy people...

When I access facebook and gmail from my phone, with an app-specific password, my ex is able to hack into the accounts. How the hell does that work??? I have the 2-step verification process on both of them (where they send me a text with a code to access them from unknown locations)...what else can I do? I need this to stop...like a month ago...it's really getting on my nerves. I do not have GPS turned on on my phone. He's apparently in Denver now...at least that is what the IP address shows...Grrrrr....

Re: IT Savvy people...

• He may have added a program to your phone that lets him see what you're typing. Get a new phone. And honestly, I would start fresh with FB and gmail- get new accounts completely. 
  • How would I get rid of that program??? This is so frustrating...anyone know where to report a cyber crime??
  • Loading the player...
  • To report a cyber crime, you'd need to go to the police station.  They won't do anything for someone hacking your FB.  You need to set up better security for yourself, like a new phone & a new email address that he doesn't have.  I might also suggest going to a place that can help you set up better security on your computer.  GL, I know you are having a tough time with your ex.
  • imagesofamonkey:
    To report a cyber crime, you'd need to go to the police station.  They won't do anything for someone hacking your FB.  You need to set up better security for yourself, like a new phone & a new email address that he doesn't have.  I might also suggest going to a place that can help you set up better security on your computer.  GL, I know you are having a tough time with your ex.

I have set up new emails, new fb's, and new phone since leaving him. I am just so irritated with him right now. It's a minor inconvenience, but still an invasion of my privacy. Sigh.......

• I am far from IT savvy, but maybe go ask the phone store if there is a hidden app or something on your phone that allows him access, sends him notifications as to what you're typing. 

Hubs had shown me a hidden app thing once and it was too complicated for me to understand. But I think they have stuff for monitoring children & cheating spouses etc.   

GL 

• You can see where you are logged in on gmail, but in the desktop version only You should be able to log him out that way, it's under "settings". Have you changed your passwords for everything? I think you can change your email address to a different one in faceook, too, so that would solve that problem at least. 
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I would restore it to factory settings and wipe all data.  Your provider should be able to tell you how.  

What about your security questions.  He could be guessing the answers to that too to have the passwords sent to him. 

• imagejenn&Dave2005:

I would restore it to factory settings and wipe all data.  Your provider should be able to tell you how.  

What about your security questions.  He could be guessing the answers to that too to have the passwords sent to him. 

Done this twice...My security questions are random stuff with answers that don't match...ex...what is your mother's maiden name? Burger King. Not that exact one but you get the picture. He's getting on thru my phone...I was on my phone last night and it showed up in my logs as MN and CO...so he's definitely getting in thru there somehow...Sigh....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Are your passwords easy to figure out? Like, are they similar to the ones you used to have? Do your passwords reminder phrases give it away?

To install an app on your phone he would need to have physical access to your phone I would think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • imageMyOwnLady2:
    imagejenn&Dave2005:

I would restore it to factory settings and wipe all data.  Your provider should be able to tell you how.  

Done this twice...My security questions are random stuff with answers that don't match...ex...what is your mother's maiden name? Burger King. Not that exact one but you get the picture. He's getting on thru my phone...I was on my phone last night and it showed up in my logs as MN and CO...so he's definitely getting in thru there somehow...Sigh....

When you access through 3G there is no guarantee that the location is really accurate, so maybe it just looks like he's accessing it? Unless it's at times you know you weren't on your phone...

If you go into the desktop version of Gmail and scroll to the very bottom, at the bottom right it will say "Last account activity: X hours ago. Details". Click on the "details" link, and it shows you where you have logged in from recently, and there is a huge button to log out all other sessions. I'd check that way.

Does he have your gmail account attached to his phone (if he has an android)? Changing your password should stop that, though. 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"