Trying to Get Pregnant

Unusually bad hangover...

I took a HPT on Thursday night and it was negative (I'm in 2ww right now).  Last night I had a few glasses of red wine and today I am ridiculously hungover.  Prior to TTC, I was a pretty regular drinker of red wine, so for me to be this hungover (I mean,, it's 3 PM and I still feel like crap), is very unusual.  I shared this with a friend of mine and she asked if I was pregnant - she said "that's what happened to my best friend - she had the worst hangover EVER and then found out she was pregnant."

I've never heard that before, but I guess it makes sense that if hormones are changing, so would your succeptibility to alcohol effects and the aftereffects.  Anybody have any experience with this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

Re: Unusually bad hangover...

• I have heard after people have found out they are pregnant. They feel like they are experiencing the worst hangover ever. Good Luck!

• imagejessicaseaberg:

I took a HPT on Thursday night and it was negative (I'm in 2ww right now).  Last night I had a few glasses of red wine and today I am ridiculously hungover.  Prior to TTC, I was a pretty regular drinker of red wine, so for me to be this hungover (I mean,, it's 3 PM and I still feel like crap), is very unusual.  I shared this with a friend of mine and she asked if I was pregnant - she said "that's what happened to my best friend - she had the worst hangover EVER and then found out she was pregnant."

I've never heard that before, but I guess it makes sense that if hormones are changing, so would your succeptibility to alcohol effects and the aftereffects.  Anybody have any experience with this?

For what it is worth both pregnancies for me I tested when I was hungover and both times the hangover was worse than usual and I have had my fair share of hangovers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, well, I hope that's it for me then because last night was fun but definitely not fun enough to be worth how horrible I feel right now.  I'm 34 and I think this is the worst hangover I've had since college- I would think I had the flu or food poisoning, actually. 
  • Take another HPT  or at least first thing in the morning (or both!)
  • imagejessicaseaberg:
    Ugh, well, I hope that's it for me then because last night was fun but definitely not fun enough to be worth how horrible I feel right now.  I'm 34 and I think this is the worst hangover I've had since college- I would think I had the flu or food poisoning, actually

well, that's possible, seeing as how alcohol reduces your immune system's ability to fend off germs by a factor of 10. Good luck, though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If I have the flu, that would also explain the extreme exhaustion for the past few days.
  • I experienced this with my first pregnancy.  We were getting ready to celebrate my birthday with a big party, so I took an HPT at 6 dpo, just to be sure.  I got a negative result.  So I had a few drinks.  The next day I was the sickest I have ever been in my entire life.  I didn't get my bfp for 7 more days.  I know they say that if there's not enough hormone to show up on the test, then there aren't enough for pregnancy symptoms.  But I don't know how to explain how ill I was other than the fact that my body already knew it was pregnant.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
    You fill me!!! Z! My BFP Chart
  • imageLindsRockies:
    Nope, I never drank alcohol when I was pregnant.  Good luck with that though.

Yes

• A couple of months ago I was ridiculously sick.  I threw up like a gallon at my desk.  I thought maybe it was a hangover but I hadn't drank anything the previous night so it would have had to be a hangover from two days prior.  Anyway, I wasn't pregnant.  Bottom line - sometimes you get sick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"