Toddlers: 24 Months+

Do 2 year olds take a bath or shower?

My 21 month son currently takes baths in our Primo Eurobath (Birth-24 months).  My son will be 2 years old old at the end of May, and I just wondering what other 2 year olds do. 
imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.

Re: Do 2 year olds take a bath or shower?

• My 2 year old mostly takes baths. But sometimes she wants to take showers like mommy and daddy. This is a very rare occasion.
    image @wa_tracy image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart
  • DS still takes a bath.

• Loading the player...
  • All of mine, including my 4 yr old bathe together.  They are afraid of the shower.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son does both...has for many months now. But when he's in the shower, I still make him sit down on the mat I got for his baths so he can't slip and fall. It's just faster sometimes. He really likes it and has started putting his head under the water sometimes.
  • Bath
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • DS takes baths, he hates showering.
  • Usually a bath, but once in a while she showers with me. She prefers the bath, but likes the shower, and it's nice to have her used to it for time when we visit family who don't have a tub.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • sometimes showers, sometimes baths....depends on what they (I have a 3yo and a 2yo) want to do and how much time I have to do it in :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Bath. But the shower head freaks her out. Even when I just turn it on to rinse out the tub after cleaning it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS still takes baths. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We do baths.  DD is scared of the shower.
  • At 2.5 he just started to love showers....so he takes both.  Before this he was scared of the shower.
  • We are still mostly showers (have been since birth - I used a shower sling) but our old house did not have a working bath tub so showers were just easier. :) If she gets a bath now she'll play in the tub for a bit and finish off with a shower.
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Tegan mostly takes baths, but will occasionally shower with DH or myself. We also have a removable shower head in both bathrooms, so I do sometimes use the removable shower head to rinse her off after bathtime.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD takes mostly baths. She will take the occasional shower, but only with DH or me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Depends. DH works Fri-Sun at night, so if I am scheduled to work on a Monday, those days are hectic (I don't go in to work until afternoon). While DH sleeps, I am in charge of both girls and also getting ready for work. I have found it easier to put DD#2 in her bouncer, jumperoo, pack n play, etc. in the bathroom with us, and put DD#1 in the shower with me. That way, I don't have to worry about both of them being unattended while I shower, and DD#1 gets her bath for the day, so one last task for DH to do while I'm at work. I have noticed that her eczema has not been as bad since we started doing this also.
  • Both. He likes to bath but has bad eczema so we limit that to maybe once or twice a week. Otherwise he showers with one of us,new have been showering with him since he was maybe 6 weeks old so he is used to it. He puts his head under and has no trouble he has showered alone once or twice but it's so easy if we are both home to just hand him off to the other person. Usually DH showers with him while I do my hair and make up and then I take him and dress him while DH finishes getting ready.
  • up until a few months ago I let DS shower with DH or myself in the morning.

Now that DD is big enough to go in the bathtub with DS, we just bathe them together.

• DS is terrified of the shower, I think he'll be in baths for quite some time.
  • My daughter does both. She used to be terrified of the shower, but we had to shower her off before her swim lessons and she got used to it. Now she loves to shower, and will often choose to shower over a bath.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageAbinormal:

Tegan mostly takes baths, but will occasionally shower with DH or myself. We also have a removable shower head in both bathrooms, so I do sometimes use the removable shower head to rinse her off after bathtime.

This. 

• We too have a promo and used it until dd was 18 months. We went on vacation and couldn't take it and so we bathed her in the normal bath and she loved it!!! That's what we've done ever since. She also will take a shower with me every once in a while but there is one rule, she must sit! 

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• DS is almost three and still takes a bath.  Mostly because he enjoys playing in the bath we haven't pushed for a shower. 
    April 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"