Pregnant after 35
Options

DH and DS

My DS does not look like DH at all. I am afraid that people will ?speculate about it or tell Akhil that he does not look Indian. I guess I will have to deal with that when it happens.?

?

Re: DH and DS

• Options

In many cases it is VERY difficult to tell what a child will look like when they are this young.  When my DD was born, she was the spitting image of my FIL.  But as she has gotten older and her face/nose/eyes have changed shape, she now looks nothing like my FIL.  Now she resembles my MIL a little bit but not much.

I see something in your DS that is reminiscent of your DH.  Not any strong features, but it's there.  As you son gets older, his skin tone may change and his features may become more like your DH's.  Or they may not.  That's how genetics work.

In any case, anyone who speculates on the parentage of your child based on his looks is an ass.  And they are insulting your honor.  Your DH ought to let every single person who makes a comment know that it is insulting to you, him and your child and not tolerate it under any circumstances.

In my case, I received several comments about my DD's resemblance to my FIL and DH.  They were along the lines of "Well, your DH certainly can't deny he is the father" or "Well in case your dh ever wondered, we certainly know he is the father."  I found these comments incredibly offensive even though they were supposedly in my favor.  I always replied with a very icy "There was never any question" and a glare.  It nipped them right in the bud.

• Options
    I see something too. Is it the eyes? Either way, I wouldn't worry about it! They're both handsome and they both love you and that's all that's important! ;-)

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"