Preemies
Options

Solids question: meat? & reflux

When did you start giving your preemie meat? DD has been doing great with some small finger foods but I wasn't sure when to start giving her some meat? I know the 9 month rule applies to full term babies but did you wait until the adjusted age of 9 months to start meats?

Also, if your preemie has reflux, when did you start introducing tomato sauces and citrus?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Solids question: meat? & reflux

• Options

We did meat at about 9 months actual and she LOVES it. She does chicken, beef, fish, and turkey with no problems at all.

I've been hesitant to try anything acidic because of her reflux so I'm not much help there. We are experimenting with weaning meds right now so I don't want to do anything that might cause more issues til we see how she does med-free.

• Options
    Thanks guys. I think I will wait a couple weeks and maybe introduce the meat slowly. Did you start out with the baby food meats or just pieces of meat they could pick up?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelwmooney87:
    Thanks guys. I think I will wait a couple weeks and maybe introduce the meat slowly. Did you start out with the baby food meats or just pieces of meat they could pick up?

I used a BLW approach with meats and it's worked very well.  JS loves meat of all kinds and loves feeding himself.  He seems to have outgrown his reflux, so I'm no help there. 

• Options
    mine both love the Gerber chicken/veggies mix and I started them on it right after they hit 8months actual. I didn't know anything about some 9month rule for meats. They don't do too great with big chunks, so I like the pre-made pureed meat. It hasn't done anything to their reflux which used to be pretty bad but is under control with Prevacid.
    4thofJuly2012-cpd
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    after 10 weeks of bedrest for contractions and shorting cvx they arrived at 32 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"