Pregnant after IF

PIO is unbearable now (kind of long)

I've had some knots for a few weeks and those spots were tender to the touch but as of this weekend, I don't know what changed but they've become excruciating...to the point where it's constant pain, numbness and stinging whether I'm sitting, standing, walking laying down on my tummy, etc. I literally gasp when I have to sit down or get in and out of my car and I'm walking like I need a cane.

I called my nurse to see if I should be concerned and she said she talked to my RE and since my progesterone looked really good at my 3rd beta, I could stop the PIO and just keep doing the Crinone 2x/day. 

Obviously I'm worried about stopping this early but I don't know if I can keep doing them. The shots themselves don't hurt...just the after effects. I've tried a heating pad, moist heat, massaging afterwards, etc and nothing helps. The knots aren't red or hot to the touch...you can't see anything but you can definitely feel them.

Is it normal for it to be this bad or should I suck it up and keep doing them?

TTC 12/2009
Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
E & C Born 10/19/2012
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PIO is unbearable now (kind of long)

• I had a couple of really painful ones, I know I hit a blood vessel with one and it just bruised like crazy from the inside and another where I am sure I hit a nerve or something and it sounds like what you're describing. I had to just use the other hip for a week or so, which made for a few lumps in it, but nothing terrible.

Sorry you're going through this, but I hope that you can cut them down after the nurse talks to your RE. I hated PIO.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • I remember the PIO made my butt muscles so sore. Like I had done a thousand squats the night before.

You should be fine just doing crinone 2x a day.

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I've learned to check PAIF for updates on some of my favorite ladies... I'm so sorry to read this, this sounds completely aswful, I can't even imagine... ugh!! I obviously have no advice but wanted to send good healing bumb vibes to you!! Hang in there!
  • I switched to the full panel maternity pants early because my regular jeans were heating the injection sites just right and causing a lot of pain. If the doctor says that you are fine without it I would take their advice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX: Severe MFI 9/1/11
    Because of Undescended testicle at birth
    IVF #1 October BFN; 5 snowbabies
    FET: November/December 2011
    ET: 12/7/11; Beta 1: 12/16/11: 66 Beta 2: 12/19/11: 212! 1st ultrasound 1/3/12! Graduated 1/10/12: heartbeat 160
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My PIO shot two days ago was very painful and lasted all day... like a stinging sensation on top of there already being bruises and knots.  Hurt so much!

Not sure if this will help, but what about icing the spot beforehand?  Maybe that will help the pain?

The knots and bruises suck and I cannot wait to stop PIO.  **hugs**

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't know if this helps or not, but my RE took me off PIO two days or so after my BFP and put me on Crinone two times a day. My progesterone was fine. Thought that might give you some comfort!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Ugh, that never happened to me.  Sounds very NOT fun.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had that twice. I did the injections at night, and those nights, I just had to pull my pants and underwear down over that injection site, and went to sleep leaving those areas totally exposed. I'm sure it looked ridiculous, but they got better by morning. If they're persisting into the next day, I don't know what I'd do. Sounds like hitting a nerve - you might just need to rotate out/up on your butt a bit more. I still feel like I'm having after effects from the PIO, and I stopped the injections about 6 weeks ago. Although suppositories sound awful to me, I might have to go with them if we go this route again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You should be just fine on the crinone. I never had a single pio shot, just did the sups (endometrin). I was in a study that made me do them 3x a day by 2x is typical at my clinic.

Stories like yours make me cringe. Sound awful. I hope you feel better soon! 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• I dont have any advice but I hope you feel better soon!

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• imagebear:
    I've learned to check PAIF for updates on some of my favorite ladies... I'm so sorry to read this, this sounds completely aswful, I can't even imagine... ugh!! I obviously have no advice but wanted to send good healing bumb vibes to you!! Hang in there!

This!  Sending you hugs and healing!  

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• This was how i felt for about 5 weeks with my injections, they kept getting worse and worse, then one day they just stoped hurting! it was so odd, I was totally numb in my back where hubby gave the shots! I could feel nothing at all! And now as its been 6 weeks since i have stoped them my back is starting to get the feeling back, and its a little painful, but nothing I cant handle.

Every day I hurt and every time I thought of the next shot I just kept thinking that this is for my baby, and I would do this every day if I had to. Just try to push though and see if it gets any better... How far along are you? I know that my RE said if you do a fresh IVF you only need the shots for 10 weeks, and for an FET you need for 12.

Good Luck! And just keep pushing through!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• imagekfdecarie:

This was how i felt for about 5 weeks with my injections, they kept getting worse and worse, then one day they just stoped hurting! it was so odd, I was totally numb in my back where hubby gave the shots! I could feel nothing at all! And now as its been 6 weeks since i have stoped them my back is starting to get the feeling back, and its a little painful, but nothing I cant handle.

Every day I hurt and every time I thought of the next shot I just kept thinking that this is for my baby, and I would do this every day if I had to. Just try to push though and see if it gets any better... How far along are you? I know that my RE said if you do a fresh IVF you only need the shots for 10 weeks, and for an FET you need for 12.

Good Luck! And just keep pushing through!

I'm 6w1d. My RE told me yesterday it was OK to stop PIO and just keep doing the Crinone 2x/day like I had been doing (I was doing PIO and Crinone 2x/day). I decided I'm going to keep doing the PIO every other day instead of every day and of course I'll keep doing the Crinone 2x/day and see if that helps. After missing last night's shot I'm already feeling a little better back there...the pain isn't as constant so hopefully that'll help!

I think DH hit a nerve b/c the pain was radiating to my lower spine and down my legs but now it just feels bruised at the injection sites.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"