Baby Names
Options

Girl Names: Stylish vs. Popular via Nameberry

Here is yesterday's Nameberry blog. Stylish vs. Popular Girl Names. Enjoy!

https://nameberry.com/blog/stylish-vs-popular-names-do-you-know-the-difference#more-17737

Re: Girl Names: Stylish vs. Popular via Nameberry

• Options
    Great article. Super cute baby pic on the top of the article!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It makes me really sad that Cora is getting popular :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know at least one of almost all of the "stylish" names, from living in NYC baby enclaves, I guess! I see the author's point, but where I live, there's not much difference.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yea!  Wren is on the stylish side!  I don't know if I'd consider some of the 'popular' names all that popular.  Considering Isabella is in the 22,000's, while the rest barely top 3000, I wouldn't consider that necessarily popular.  I can see that some of my favorite names like Charlotte, Amelia, Ruby and Penelope are rising in popularity though.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• Options

imagePearl16:

Blame Downton 

• Options

imageanna7602:
    I know at least one of almost all of the "stylish" names, from living in NYC baby enclaves, I guess! I see the author's point, but where I live, there's not much difference.

Also in NYC (actually, in Park Slope which the article mentions) and I feel the same way.  

• Options
    Interesting article, thanks.
  • Options

imagePearl16:

I think "getting popular" is a good thing.  That means it's trending up, but not peaked yet.  I think the author could have narrowed that down a bit, too.  Lola would be stylish in comparison to Lily.  Not sure why you would compare Harlow to Lola ... they don't seem to have anything in common to me.  Some made sense, but others were a bit of a reach.  I wouldn't necessarily call naming 1500 children one name as "getting popular" either.  7000, for sure. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

imageslukd79:
    Great article. Super cute baby pic on the top of the article!

Oh my goodness, I died at how cute she was!

OP, great article. For the most part, my suspicions were confirmed, but there were a few names listed that were a good reminder to me that they're not "popular" just because I hear them a lot around here.

I had no idea so few Harlows were born last year. And I know one of them! Craziness.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I love nameberry! Their articles always seem spot-on to me. I'm happy to see Pearl in the stylish category--my one fear about using it is that it's just too dusty and old-fashioned. I'm glad it's getting some love in the blog-world.

ETA: Here's the boy list!

• Options
    imageHannahO28:

I love nameberry! Their articles always seem spot-on to me. I'm happy to see Pearl in the stylish category--my one fear about using it is that it's just too dusty and old-fashioned. I'm glad it's getting some love in the blog-world.

I was wondering if there was a list like this for the boys! Thanks so much! 

• Options
    imageHannahO28:

Wondering what all the Nameberry lovers think of all the surnames in the stylish category... 

• Options
    imageHannahO28:

Wondering what all the Nameberry lovers think of all the surnames in the stylish category... 

• Options
    Was so happy to see Tess on stylish side..  I really love a lot of the names on there            Thanks.. 
  • Options

imagePearl16:

I know, same with Hazel. But I don't think either one will break the top 100. :) 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    Good God, I do not want to live in a world where Ida and Sawyer are considered stylish! 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"