TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Becoming numb about TTC, normal?

I am curious about whether any of you can relate to my current situation.

Is it kinda part of the pattern of being in TTCAL-land for a while that at some point you find you are feeling indifferent/numb about getting pregnant?

I'm on CD7 and didn't shed even a tiny tear about this last BFN/AF. But the cycle before that I was ugly crying daily for 3.5 weeks. I was barely functioning for almost an entire month because of my sadness about my losses and the fact that I was still unsuccessful in getting pregnant at that point.

I think it's really strange that in a matter of days, I went from such a dark, sad place to feeling indifferent about something I've been working towards for so long.

Is this just part of the TTCAL 6+ experience? Or perhaps a normal part of the TTC 1 year+ experience?

It's nice to have a break from wanting it so bad, but I'm not used to TTC in an environment where it isn't the single biggest focus in my life. Does anyone have any experience like this?

TTC #1 since January 2011
BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!

Re: Becoming numb about TTC, normal?

• I really find it comes in cycles.  Around the same time we started up treatment cycles again, I felt overwhelmed starting the whole process again.  Now, I feel like I'm in a better place just a few months later.  I think as I get other things to look forward to or have to worry about, TTCAL takes a mental back seat.

::HUGS:: 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• I used to get really upset when af arrived, but these last few cycles I haven't cried when she arrived at all. I think because at this point in my journey I just feel defeated and expect her to arrive.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Loading the player...
  • I agree that it comes in cycles. ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, I agree it comes in waves.  Sometimes I'm heartbroken, sometimes I'm numb, sometimes excited, sometimes indifferent.  It can change by the day.  (((HUGS)))

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I agree with the others that it changes from day to day.  Some days you can be so hopeful, some days completely and utterly hopeless.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelavril:
    Yeah, I agree it comes in waves.  Sometimes I'm heartbroken, sometimes I'm numb, sometimes excited, sometimes indifferent.  It can change by the day.  (((HUGS)))
    Yes this exactly.
  • Yeah, I was starting to feel the same way last week...But then out the blue the sad, frustrated feeling will hit me like a truck. I think it comes and goes once you get to the 6+ experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebutterfly843:
    I used to get really upset when af arrived, but these last few cycles I haven't cried when she arrived at all. I think because at this point in my journey I just feel defeated and expect her to arrive.

I wondered if feeling defeated was part of it. Perhaps my extreme reaction last month was so extreme that I'm overcorrecting now. Maybe if I hadn't ft so defeated last month, maybe I'd still be able to want to get pregnant now.

((hugs)) I hate that you've been let down and for so long. 

BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Thank you, everyone. I wish we could all get off this roller coaster. But I am glad to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. It's pretty weird.
    imageimage  My chart.

• I can totally relate.  I think on some level, our psyche just won't let us be upset/sad All.The.Time.  We have to handle more than most women do, and our minds just have to numb us out from time to time in order to maintain normalcy.  It's really quite sad when ya think about it.  And on that note, I will be hitting the wine tonight ;)
    BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I defiantly am numb when it comes to TTC.  We are going on 2 years, and at this point we have given up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • imageshanrob:
    I can totally relate.  I think on some level, our psyche just won't let us be upset/sad All.The.Time.  We have to handle more than most women do, and our minds just have to numb us out from time to time in order to maintain normalcy.  It's really quite sad when ya think about it.  And on that note, I will be hitting the wine tonight ;)

What time should I come over and how many bottles should I bring? 

imageimage  My chart.

• imageRawr08:
    I defiantly am numb when it comes to TTC.  We are going on 2 years, and at this point we have given up.

((hugs)) I look for your intro on PgAL sometimes, you know.  

Can I ask- when you decided to NTNP until further notice, was it because you arrived at "giving up"? If so, in the meantime did you cycle in and out of indifference? Or was it more like once you reached indifference, you never went back to "wanting it" like before? 

imageimage  My chart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"