Attachment Parenting

Baby carriers and c-sections?

I will be having a rcs and I want to still be able to wear the new baby.  With DS I couldn't wear him until I was feeling much better.  I was thinking about getting a Baby K'tan or Blue Celery so I don't have to tie the wrap around me, also I saw that the K'tan has a breathable model, since baby is coming the beginning of August it seems like a logical choice.

Anyone have any experience with these or any suggestions on another type?

image image image

Re: Baby carriers and c-sections?

• I liked the Maya brand slings, though it did hurt my back much more than the wrap. But I was using it when my son was 15+ pounds. 
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I used the K'tan with a c-section and don't remember having any problem. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I used the moby wrap as soon as she was big enough and I was totally fine
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Proud Preemie Momma & Lovin my little girlie! :)http://thislovelyhome.com ~ all about being a mom and home design http://staceyilysephotography.com ~ my photography
  • I put Baz in the moby the day we got home from the hospital and actually really liked it because I could make the band at my incision wide and then adjust the tension so I felt like I had support. It was awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used a Moby-type wrap right after my c/s.  I have pics of LO and I when he was 1 week old, wrapped.  It didn't bug me at all, as long I used my head.  My only issue was one day, about 5 wks after my c/s, I wore him for a nap.  It was about 1.5 hours long.  I was standing the whole time - dishes, prepping for dinner, etc.  I was in pain the rest of the day.  Nothing a little Advil didn't fix, but...still...not the best decision.  So, take it easy! ;) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"