Potty Training
Options

Getting them to tell you they have to go...

DS goes pee and poop on the potty just fine if we put him on, and is excited about his underwear but we can't figure out how to get him to tell us when he has to go. Any tips on this? He could care less about being "wet" in his underwear and would gladly sit around in poopy pants for hours so I am wondering if the bare bottomed method might work? He is about 28 months old. Thanks in advance for any advice!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Getting them to tell you they have to go...

• Options
    This is what we're going through.  My daughter will have no accidents for days if we regularly take her to the potty.  After five days of no accidents like this, I would just ask her if she had to go, and she'd almost always say no, so I wouldn't make her go.  Then she'd have an accident.  It's like she gets too into whatever she's doing - a book, puzzle, whatever - and doesn't want to go.  Sometimes she will come tell me after she has gone in her pants, but sometimes she doesn't.  I just don't know how to get over that hump where she will tell me she has to go.  She is young (21 months), but she showed all the signs of readiness - and her teacher agreed.  She even stays dry 95% of the time during naps and about 85% of the time overnight.  I think she's just stubborn!  Help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I am in the exact same boat with my daughter, she has absolutely no problem going potty on the potty if I brought her to it ever 15 to 30 mins. But when I decide to see if she will come and get me she wets her self and then comes and tells me she peed. She could also care less if she walks around wet all day which seems to make this process ten times harder.!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"