Adoption

Question regarding health status changes

DH and I are approved for adoption. As you know DH just had some pretty serious health complications. Do we need to inform our agency of these changes? We had to have a physical by our md but it was form that says things like "can this person be a parent? Is there anything to keep this person from parenting effectively. Has this person had any mental health issues?

DH can parent. He has not had mental health issues. He will be on some treatment meds for a while and some cardiac meds but other than that he is fine.

Do you think that we need to disclose this hospitalization to the agency?

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!

Re: Question regarding health status changes

• Ditto Fred.  I'm sure it won't be a problem, especially since you don't think his hospitalization/incapacitation will be a recurring thing.  Just let them know casually in conversation when you are "catching up/checking in" with them, so they can't say you've hidden or failed to disclose this information.  If they ever jump to that conclusion, it could be enough for them to dump you from their program.
  • I'm glad he's doing fine now. 

Yes, I would disclose it to the agency.  DH had heart surgery last year and if we were in the adopting at that point, we would definitely have let them know.  You wouldn't want it to look like you're keeping something from them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"