TTC after 35

Question about clomid

Hello ladies has anyone done a clomid challenge test? I am scheduled to do this next month and I am curious what it involves I know I will be speaking to my RE nurse about it but I know nothing about clomid this would be my first time using it. I will also be directing this question to other boards too.

TIA-Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8

Re: Question about clomid

• I did one. You get your FSH and E2 tested on Day 3, take clomid Days 5-9 (I think) and get your FSH and E2 tested again on Day 10. To "pass" the test, your FSH should be below 10 on both test days.

I failed mine, but my RE could see that I responded, and actually offered to do an IUI based on my E2 levels. It was the one and only time I've taken clomid.

Good luck.

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • What made you fail MTLaurel; the higher FSH? Are they expecting it to be affected by the clomid? My FSH was 15.2 on my first test on day 3- so we are seeing an RE tomorrow...I'd rather not do the clomid test, but I'm not sure what it tells you...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"