Cloth Diapering

Regreting not using CD

DD does fine with disposables, never had a rash, but I regret not using CD. She is almost 6 mon, and I am thinking about switching, but need some advice! I researched some during pregnancy but still feel a little lost. So, what kind do you use? How many do you have? After looking for the last hour, I am leaning towards thirsties, but not sure how many inserts I would need. I feel like I have already wasted so much money on disposables, but I guess it's better late then never right? TIA for your help ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Regreting not using CD

• I use one-size pockets (mostly Kawaii square tabs).

I have about 25, which is enough to wash every third day. With pockets, I change the whole thing every time, so diapers = inserts, except a few extra night time stuffings (hemp and bamboo).

It's not too late! Your kid could spend 2 more years in diapers. Wink

• imagetokenhoser:

It's not too late! Your kid could spend 2 more years in diapers. Wink

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking lol

I'm reading the FAQs now (guess I should have before posting Stick out tongue )

• Loading the player...
  • I have about 25 BG 4.0's but have twins so we do wash every 1.5 days.  I am hoping to score some more so that we can go 2 full days at least.  We were only doing CDing part time (while I was on maternity leave) until my husband was comfortable with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just switched and my little guy is 8 months old! I did a trial through Jillian's Drawers to figure them out, and I would recommend you do one, too. I discovered I don't mind prefolds and I really like pockets. Good luck!
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • We use Blueberry OS pockets.  It took a few different diapers to find what works best for our LO.

We have about 40 but I justify that because we are TTC and will have 2 in CDs.  We only double stuff with an extra insert at night or when I know I wont be able to change her as often. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a variety - maybe 23 diapers? More if you include newborn...

Wash every other day, but can stretch it another day sometimes.

Econobum, Bumgenius, Kawaii, Rumparooz, Best Bottoms, Lovely Pocket Diapers, Little American Pocket diapers (wahm), Twinkie Tush (wahm), Grovia (don't fit yet)

Or types: Prefolds, All-in-one, Pockets, All-in-two, fitted.

DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• I use prefolds and thirsties covers. I love them but they aren't for everyone.

It's not too late! I wanted to CD with DS1 but was talked out of it. I was talked out of it again when DS2 was born but when he was a year old I finally started. He is 2 1/2 now and is still in diapers. I'll get to use them again with this LO. 

• imageaztoid2006:
    We just switched and my little guy is 8 months old! I did a trial through Jillian's Drawers to figure them out, and I would recommend you do one, too. I discovered I don't mind prefolds and I really like pockets. Good luck!

I looked into this yesterday, and I think I will be ordering today!

Thanks everyone!

• You'll definitely still save money if that's your concern. Especially if you're using prefolds & covers or some cheap pockets.

It really depends on how often you want to wash with how many CDs you'll need. For reference we have 28 pockets plus 3 dozen prefolds and 10 covers. So we can go quite some time without washing, though I typically wash every 2 or 3 days, because that's when the pail gets full & to avoid stink/staining issues. Especially if you're going to be working outside the home you'll want a large enough stash so that you don't stress if you can't get around to doing laundry. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"