Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Nursery Rug

When our DS was born, we bought a wool rug at Pottery Barn Kids, and it has been nothing but awful.  It still sheds (almost three years later), and has stained very easily.  I am looking to replace the rug now in the room that our DS and Baby #2 will share. 

I am debating between two rugs at Dash and Albert - both are similar in appearance, but one is a woven cotton rug:

https://www.dashandalbert.com/product/view/birmingham-denim-woven-cotton-rug--RDA087#pch_gallery_10217

and the other is an indoor/outdoor rug made with polypropylene or olefin:

https://www.dashandalbert.com/product/view/rugby-stripe-denim-indoor-outdoor--RDB176

I can't decide which would be best for a nursery/kids room.  The indoor/outdoor rug is stain resistant and easy to clean, but I worry about something so synthetic in a baby's room, and I'm also not sure how soft it would be.  The cotton rug seems more natural and soft, but would be harder to keep clean, especially with the white stripes.

Any thoughts?  Does anyone have an olefin/polypropylene rug, and if so, how has it worked out?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nursery Rug

• Options

I totally hear you on the annoyance of a shedding rug. Ugh! We bought a new living room rug at Christmas from West Elm and it has seriously pisssed me off. I have to vaccum daily and I swear it's broken my vaccum (a expensive Dyson)

Anyways - to answer your question - we also have two Dash and Albert rugs in our home. One in the dining room and a runner in the hall. While I LOVE these rugs I don't think I'd use one in a nursery. Just seems like you'd want something a little less "cold" and more plush. Maybe try something more natural - like a soft jute/wool blend? 

Edited to add: Both of our Dash and Albert rugs are the indoor/outdoor type. It think the other one you chose would work great! 

• Options
    i love Dash and Albert rugs! We have one in our bedroom. I'd go with the cotton rug instead of the indoor/outdoor (which is kinda rough on the feet).  I like that pattern you picked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the inputs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"