Eco-Friendly Family
Options

mega moisturizing hair products (conditioner esp.)

DD1 has curly hair and it has gotten SO dry. I only wash her hair once a week. I've been using Yes to Carrots conditioner and not rinsing it out completely, but her hair is still really dry.

Any suggestions on a good natural shampoo and conditioner for dry/curly hair? And product that I can put in after? I use Moroccan oil on myself, but I don't want to use all the added fillers in there for DD...maybe plain Argan oil, but I don't know if that would be moisturizing enough? TIA!

CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: mega moisturizing hair products (conditioner esp.)

• Options
    Have you thought about going no poo for her? My scalp and curly hair used to be super dry, especially in college when I taught swim lessons in the chlorine everyday. But now, 3 years into no poo, I can barely remember having such dry hair. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was having major issues with DD's hair too.  What's finally worked for us is a leave-in conditioner made with a few tablespoons of Nature's Baby Organics conditioner mixed into a bottle of water.  I spray her hair down every morning before I brush it, helps with tangles and has gotten rid of the rat's nest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    plain old coconut oil...my new go to for dry skin, dry scalp, dry hair.  It works wonders!
  • Options

As a curly girl myself, I recommend warming some olive oil and putting a little in her hair for a few minutes before shampooing. "Hot" oil treatment once a week works wonders. I second the idea of using coconut oil, especially on days her hair is tied up. Just rub a little between your palms and smooth it through before styling.

When my hair is dry when I really need to wash, I will sometimes forgo the shampoo all together and use conditioner, massage it into my scalp to break up too much natural oil and dirt without drying at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"