1st Trimester

Just found out...

I took a pregnancy test yesterday, actually two test to confirm the amazing news that I'm having a baby. I'm still not believing it just yet. I have a doctors appointment Friday which I'm kind of nervous about. I have all these thoughts in my head & one of them being what if I'm not really pregnant. I have the common symptoms of being pregnant. The swollen sore breasts, mild cramping & of course I'm weeks late with my period. I'm hoping all this worrying is normal. I kind feel like a crazy women this is all I can think about. I have been playing my cool with my husband since I sprung the wonderful news on him but inside I'm nervous.

Does this feeling ever go away?  Oh by the way can you tell this is my first pregnancy. 

Re: Just found out...

• Congrats!  It's my first too...I think it will feel more real when you have your first u/s.  I'm still waiting for my first (not til 3/19!) but I think hearing the heartbeat will make it really hit me.  Good luck!
  • I felt exactly the same way - going crazy inside with a million questions and not really believing the tests were accurate, yet knowing they were! I took my first positive on a Saturday and instead of taking a second right away, for some reason my crazy reasoning made me wait until Sunday morning - like the day difference was going to be the reason for a difference!

My first appt isn't until March 20th and I wanted to beg the Dr.'s office to let me come in earlier, like the next day.  I thought the crazy feeling was going to last at least until the Dr.'s appt, but as the soreness, cramping, crazy tiredness and morning sickness set in ...the crazy feeling has gone away.

This is my first and I am in my 5th week!  Congrats to you :)  I've found this website to be my saving grace!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm more nervous this time with #2 than I was with our first!

Congrats--and welcome to the adventure! 

• Congratulations!!! 

This is our first as well!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I found out a week & a day ago, and it's still got me in shock! I actually had a panic attack last night (I have them often...) because I still can't believe it & I'm worried that anything I do will hurt the baby. I have lots of bad feelings in my mind & I'm SO hypersensitive that everything I feel makes me go nuts. Anyway... I just wanted to tell you you're not alone! And I hope this feeling passes for us quickly...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Thank you everyone, it's so wonderful to hear that I'm not alone in thoughts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"