Pre-School and Daycare

WWYD: daycare field trip vs. preschool

My son goes to AM preschool with the school district (til 11am), then daycare picks him and 3 other boys up and transports to daycare.  Tomorrow his class (those in FT daycare and those in the PM preschool) are going to a bounce house from 9-12.   The teacher asked if we wanted to attend.  I declined however DS really wants to go.   In order for him to go, I have to pick him and transport him to the bounce house (not a big deal).  It was $5 buck for the field trip but I am think I can use our pases to get him in free.  By the time I picked him up and transported, he'd have 45 mins to jump then would be transported back to daycare.  The daycare suggested I pick him up from preschool early and take him to the field early (really?!?) WWYD:

1. forgot it--he goes straight to daycare.  I believe the other 3 boys on the bus will do this.  its only 45 mins of jump time 

2.   take him--its really not sweat to pick him up or $ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD: daycare field trip vs. preschool

• I would let my guy skip preschool and do the fieldtrip with his friends as long as I only had to drop him off at the bounce house and then could leave. IMHO it isn't a big deal to miss a day of preschool, or whatever he will miss in order to get to do the fun trip with his friends.
  • Skip pre school all together and let him have fun on the field trip.  having fun with his friends is just as important if not more important at this age then what ever he will miss at school.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I already declined and didn't pay the $5 for the daycare to take him. So, the only options is the ones I listed.   Plus, this really isn't THAT special of an outing worthy missing school.   Great Wolf Lodge?  Take him out in a heartbeat. Disney?  Zoo? Sure.  He has tons of interactions with friends.  He just meet up with half of his daycare buddies at a birthday party at CEC (not his bday).  We have passes to the bounce house and go generally once every 1-2 months.  Maybe another outing would be worthy...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with day care pick him up from preschool early and give him more time. Or just skip preschool and drop him off at the bounce house at 9.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • How many days a week does he go to preschool?  I am leaning towards skipping preschool and doing the field trip.  It is only a few hours of preschool and the fieldtrip sounds like so much fun and he really wants to go.,
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • akayfakayf member
    He knows about the field trip.   I would let him go.   Skip preschool and drop him off at the bounce place at 9.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekittylove:
    I would let my guy skip preschool and do the fieldtrip with his friends as long as I only had to drop him off at the bounce house and then could leave. IMHO it isn't a big deal to miss a day of preschool, or whatever he will miss in order to get to do the fun trip with his friends.

This

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"