Special Needs

Vocabulary Evaluation

DS's preschool is offer the Peabody Picture Vocabulary test at his preschool for $39.  I think this is not necessary for him since he attends ST thru the public school. He was evaluated by the school in October.  What do you think necessary or waste of money?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Vocabulary Evaluation

• Thank auntie - he attends theraputic school twice a week for 2.5 hours - thru the school system.  Two days a week he attends typical private preschool (daycare).  It is the private preschool that is offering the evaluation.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ediloedilo member

The PPVT-4 (Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-4) is a test of receptive language (what the child understands), but is normed with the EVT-2 (Expressive Vocabulary Test-2), so the results of both assessments can be directly compared. I have not given the PPVT-4, only the PPVT-3, so I cannot speak to the differences in the new edition (other than the new version has color pictures and can be given with the EVT-2). If your child was recently evaluated, my guess would be that a vocabulary test (or another measure of receptive and expressive language skills) was given during that evaluation, and doing the PPVT-4 won't give you very much new information. I would check your copy of the evaluation report to see what tests were given, and contact your child's SLP if you want further explanation. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"