Secondary IF

So glad this board is here

Hi Ladies,

This has to be the most upsetting and frustrating time in my whole life.  We have an amazing DS who is 19 months old and we have been TTC #2 since Feb 08.  4 rounds of clomid, only one ovulation, no BFP's, a visit to the RE, fighting with doctor's offices and insurance, DH's SA scheduled, me feeling like the human pincushion, and just general crappy timing all around has left me wondering if I can even do this.  Or if I should put my family through this.

Due to the crappy timing ( and sloppy work by RE's office ) we are only starting treatment end of Jan or Feb next year.  Clomid and injectibles.  Sounds like a fun time all around.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2006 and DS was deceptively easy to conceive.  First round of Clomid at 50mg.  I don't think we will ever fully comprehend how lucky we were.

I am so glad that this board is here.  I am so tired of hearing that I should just be thankful that I have one child.  Do they even realize that the implication with that statement is that I don't??  Hell, I feel selfish enough most days from what goes through my own head.  I don't need anyone else laying down the guilt.  To preserve my own sanity I now don't talk about my IF with anyone not currently going through the same thing.   

May the warm, soft bosom of Secondary IF embrace me in welcome but not hold me too close for too long.

Re: So glad this board is here

• I am so sorry you are going through this! You should not feel guilty for wanting another child. You can love and appreciate the child you have and still yearn for another. There is nothing wrong with that. I am more than greatful to have DS. It is a love I never would have known if it wasnt for him. I love him and am greatful for him every day. If I never have another child, then that is something I will have to accept, but I want to at least try every thing to give him a sibling. (DH and I were only children and always wanted brothers and sisters so we want to at least try to give that to DS). People who have never been through IF dont know what it is like, and while they mean well a lot of what they say just doesnt help.

I hope you get your BFP real soon and the rollercoaster that is IF will be over soon. In the meantime, welcome and best wishes!! I hope your stay here is short!

• Hi! Welcome!!! We hope your stay is a short one!!! :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"