Baby Names

difficult last name...need help

My husband and I aren't sure yet which sex our baby will be, but I'm having such a hard time deciding on any names that go good with our very short, one syllable, last name Duke.  The only ones I have are Aurea Duke and Chance Duke.  I feel like the first name needs to be longer since our last name is so abrupt.  Need suggestions!

Re: difficult last name...need help

• I think that any name that has multiple sylables would sound good. Are you ok with a critique of the names you picked?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)
  • Our LN is one syllable as well.  I agree with a pp that a longer name or a name with multiple syllables will work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sisters in my high school were Heidi and Heather, with your same LN.  I think Heidi's mn was Elizabeth.  All of those names sound nice with Duke.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I'm open to critique of names I like so far.  I agree with Chance Duke not flowing right...that's why I'm on here trying to get new ideas.  I agree as well that it should be a longer name...I really think it's going to be a boy (those seem to be harder for me).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"