Health & Exercise

Please encourage me to keep at it....

I go to the gym 2-3x/week (wish I could go more but with work and a 2yo it's not easy!). I just found out that I am pregnant after having a m/c at 9w back in Dec.

I now am so fearful of everything I do in that it's going to end in another m/c. My Dr. tells me that I shouldn't stop working out so I know he's given me the ok but I still feel so nervous. The class I take is called Total Body Conditioning so it's a mix of strength training and cardio. I figure I keep doing this through the 1st tri and then switch over to spinning which I do on occasion as well so that I am better able to control the intensity and then also do some strength training on my own.

Can you please give me an idea of what you do/did during your pregnancy? I'm sure a ton of you did a lot more than I do now or intend to do so it helps to hear that you are all keeping up with it and remain healthy (you and lo)

Thank you!! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Please encourage me to keep at it....

• I've been exercising throughout, and was training for a half-marathon when I got pregnant.  I completed the half when I was at 13 weeks.  I have continued to exercise, adjusting the type and intensity, and am going strong at 19 weeks.

If your doc has cleared you, be confident, you can do it.  You can also think about changing the type of exercise you're doing now if it makes you more comfortable. 

• I've kept up a variety of exercise and I credit my relatively easy pregnancy largely to that. I've done zumba, pilates, prenatal yoga, swimming, and a lot of walking. The pace has changed tremendously in third tri, but I still feel great after I work out. When I've had to stop (eg over the holidays), I feel like my body falls apart - worse back pain, worse digestion, lower energy, etc etc. i'm sure it's scary doing ANYTHNG after a m/c, but if your doc has cleared it, you'll be doing yourself and your LO a huge favor by keeping up a workout routine. Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I trained for my first triathlon when I found out I was pregnant.  I was 16 weeks when the training finished.  I felt great and I was listening to my body and didn't push myself too hard.  Good Luck.
  • I had 2 m/c's, so was definitely nervous to workout. But I wanted to keep at it.

I gained 15 lbs and lost it all w/in 1 week. So it was definitely worth it to keep working out. I am 6w pp now, and I'm still right about starting weight, so that sucks. But I haven't been giving much of an effort. Hoping to get back on the horse next week!

DD1 January, 2009
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I stopped hard-core running/aerobic exercise with both of my pregnancies, largely because I had a m/c right before I got pregnant with DD and was scared.  Even though my doc gave me the green light to continue running, I just felt nervous and decided to stick with light jogging and power walking.  I don't regret cutting back at all, but I think stopping totally is definitely not something you need to do!  try not to worry, sounds like you are careful and not about to push your limits too much.  Should be fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"