Working Moms
Options

Coming out of hiding with a request for advice please! :)

Hi! I lurk around here often but never post. I am a working mom of a 10 month old girl and expecting a LO in Sept. and I have a question for those who were working during pregnancy... 

I work FT retail and am starting to reach a point where I am just over-the-top exhausted and weak. I couldn't pick up my daughter this morning and felt like I was going to pass out just walking to the kitchen. DH works from home so he is watching LO and letting me stay in bed. I called out of work but I don't want to be doing that. I don't see my OB till Monday morning so I am trying to wait it out before I talk to her. I am considered high-risk due to preterm labor last year but so far my Dr. has given me permission to go about life regularly until further notice. I am trying my best to hang in there and not kick into Short-Term Dis. too soon but at this point I am not sure if I can make it. 40 hrs/week on my feet is just too much and I switching to part-time/cutting hrs is not an option for my family quite yet. Possibly in a few months, but definitely not now.

Any advice? Similar experiences?  

Re: Coming out of hiding with a request for advice please! :)

• Options

From what I remember about my pregnancy, I was exhausted like that the entire first trimester.  Then I felt pretty good the second trimester and part of the third until I got much closer to my due date.  Doing the math in my head, I think you're still pretty early along in your pregnancy.  I bet you get more energy soon.

Talk to your Dr. about your concerns.  good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You'll start feeling better around 17 to 21 weeks. Then from that point on, you'll be a rockstar and feel like you can do it all until week 34.

Buy super comfortable granny shoes, lean and take semi seated breaks throughout your day, drink lots of water, go to bed early. All tricks to keep you perky until the exhaustion from pregnancy goes away.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know STD can vary from company to company but keep in mind that it would most likely on pay you 60% or so of your normal rate, so if part time hours isn't an option, STD may not be much better. Talk to your dr and also talk to your employer and see if there is any flexibility on what can be done to accommodate (getting a chair for your station, etc). GL!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options

That first tri with a little one is the worst.  It will get better soon.

Talk to your OB.  Make sure that you are eating every 3ish hours, drinking lots of water and getting rest when you can.  Your DH needs to do night duty (if needed) to let you sleep as much as possible.

Don't look forward too far.  Just take each day as it comes and take care of yourself.

• Options
    Ditto all the other posters, also I don't know if you have had your bloodwork done yet, but you may be anemic.  I felt the same way you do when I had super low iron levels.  Once I got on iron supplements I was much better.  Obviously don't just jump on iron unless your doctor tells you to.  Unfortunantely you are just in the sucky first trimester, you should start feeling better in a couple of weeks.  Make sure you eat, sleep, and drink enough and you should start feeling better.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"