Baby Names

How to pronounce Fallon?

Is it like gallon/Jimmy Fallon? Or is it Fallen - like Falling down?

Or something else?

I have seen it listed multiple ways. What is the correct or traditional Irish way to pronounce this name?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to pronounce Fallon?

• The only Fallon I know pronounces it like gallon/Jimmy
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHannahO28:
    The only Fallon I know pronounces it like gallon/Jimmy

This. Thats the only way I have ever heard it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imageKelli7025:

imageHannahO28:

This. Thats the only way I have ever heard it.

Agreed, I have several cousins with the last name Fallon, I've never heard it pronounced any other way

• imagesassafras007:
    Fail-in

Wrong. It's like Jimmy FALLON, the late night guy. It's actually from an 80's show called Dynasty (you could probably youtube clips of it). There is a girl on there named Fallon Carrington.

Trust me, my name is Falyn and people always call me FAY-LYN and it drives me crazy..I'm like HELLO! THERE IS NO 'Y' BEFORE THE 'L'! Haha :)

imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • imagesassafras007:
    Fail-in

Wrong. It's like Jimmy FALLON, the late night guy. It's actually from an 80's show called Dynasty (you could probably youtube clips of it). There is a girl on there named Fallon Carrington.

Trust me, my name is Falyn and people always call me FAY-LYN and it drives me crazy..I'm like HELLO! THERE IS NO 'Y' BEFORE THE 'L'! Haha :)

• Like gallon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rhymes w/ gallon.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageHannahO28:

Same. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The only Fallon I know pronounces it like Jimmy Fallon. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • As a first name, I would assume fallon rhymes with gallon.

However, I know people who have Fallon as their last name and pronounce it "fallen" as in rhymes with Stalin. 

• kmplskmpls member

https://www.quickbabynames.com/meaning-of-Fallon.html

If you click this link it has a button to hear the name and it sounds like Fallen.

• I know of two cities and one neighborhood named O'Fallon, all pronounced like Jimmy Fallon.

• I've known a few Fallon's and they've all pronounced it the same way, like gallon with an F.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I don't need a pronounciation..my name IS Falyn..and it's like Jimmy FALLON.
  • imagefalynmarie:
    I don't need a pronounciation..my name IS Falyn..and it's like Jimmy FALLON.

??? Who are you even talking to? And Falyn is different than Fallon...they could be pronounced differently by different people. 

• imageHannahO28:

imagefalynmarie:
    I don't need a pronounciation..my name IS Falyn..and it's like Jimmy FALLON.

??? Who are you even talking to? And Falyn is different than Fallon...they could be pronounced differently by different people. 

No, it's not different. My mom just chose to spell it different, but it's pronounced the same. I've never heard of anyone named "Fallen" or "Fail-in" spelled Fallon. It's originally an Irish surname (O'Fallon) and it's pronounced just like Jimmy Fallon, the late night/SNL guy. Again, look up clips of the show Dynasty..that's where the first name came from, the character Fallon Carrington. Most anyone you meet with that name will have been born in the 80's or later because that show popularized it as a first name.

• imageCARunner:

imageHannahO28:

This. I don't get why the pronunciation is even a question with this name.  It is pronounced the way it is spelled. 

Amen. lol.

• It's definitely like Jimmy Fallon.

Fal-in

I know three people with that name and it's how they all pronounce it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefalynmarie:

imagesassafras007:
    Fail-in

Ha!  I actually know someone whose name is Fallon Carrington.  It's actually her middle name though.  Maybe her parents liked the show.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"