Pre-School and Daycare

Music Recommendations

I was hoping to get some new ideas for kids music.  We listen to alot of Laurie Berkner and Raffi.  Can anyone suggest some other musicians?  We have satellite radio and I hear some fun songs...and then forget the names of the artists by the time we get home!  :)   Thanks for the help!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Music Recommendations

• I'm a big fan of the Putumayo Kids CDs.  Dreamland has been DDs bedtime music as long as I can remember and the other CDs we have are a lot of fun (Sesame Playground, Animal Playground, and one more I can't remember).  I'm also a big Sesame Street Fan and have had this collection for a while and DDs love it.  It's good for grownups too since it's lots of famous people singing Sesamed versions of hit songs.

I also keep meaning to get some MilkShake CDs.  I really liked this group when they were an "adult" band (Love Riot), so I'm sure their kid's music is great too. 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• i use greg and steve with my class, they LOVE them. greg and steve combine physical fitness with music for kids.

https://www.gregandsteve.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I have used Dr. Jean with my class

www.drjean.org 

My daughter is my hero.
  • I second Putamayo- we have a few and my son and I really like them. My son just got the Fresh Beat Band cd (as a gift) one day I felt like throwing it out of the window. It is good but it is hard because it is his favorite and he wants to hear it all the time. We also have some jazz that I like so I share it with him.He likes the Bob Marley kids cd which is really just Bob Marley with a few giggles from kids mixed in.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Justin Roberts is amazing!!!!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • We also have a few Putamayo CDs and love them- Acoustic Dreamland, World Playground, Sing Along with Putamayo, and Reggae Playground.

We also listen to and love:

Ben Rudnick & Friends- A Frog Named Sam

Ziggy Marley- Family Time

Jack Johnson- Curious George soundtrack

The Muppets Movie soundtrack

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"