June 2011 Moms
Options

s/o names: what's the worst name or youneek spelling you've seen?

2»

Re: s/o names: what's the worst name or youneek spelling you've seen?

• Options

how about "Abcde" pronounced Absaday.  Also "Candida"...pronounced something like Kangida.  Why would you name your child after vaginal yeast is beyond me.  I did know a lady named...first name Vivian...last name Vivian.  What makes it worse was her mother was Vivian Vivian also.  What are people thinking???  "People who don't think don't have brains, rather grey fluff blown in their heads by mistake." ~Pooh Bear

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I used to work in the Admissions office of a local college and one poor soul who was applying to the school had the most unfortunate name I have ever seen.

His name:

Peace-N-Love

Hyphens and all.  Poor, poor guy. 

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Duztyn 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Youneekly spelled names annoy the p!ss out of me.  I taught in an urban district in NJ for 10 years and have seen many a kr8tive name.  Blech.  My mind is drawing a blank but here are a few...

Lil' Anthony.  Really.  I am not lying.  I saw a copy of his SS card.

Dushely (honestly can't remember the spelling)  French-Creole, prounounced DOUCHE-lee

Chastity 

Makalya (pronounced Makayla) 

Sheleatha

Wonderful ( and she was!)

A student's father was named Finance.

That's all for now...I'm sure they'll come to me. If I wasn't so lazy watching AI I'd look at my old class pics.  

• Options
    not a weird spelling or anything, but I taught a Demi Moore
  • Options

One of MH coworker's old employer went to school with an Orangejello and Greenjello (pronounced or-AHN-gel-low and ger-AHN-gel-low).  Then one of my old coworker's husbands worked as some kind of social worker and had a Pajamas (paj-UH-mus).  Hmmm...

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    imagerattlecanqueen:

One of MH coworker's old employer went to school with an Orangejello and Greenjello (pronounced or-AHN-gel-low and ger-AHN-gel-low).  Then one of my old coworker's husbands worked as some kind of social worker and had a Pajamas (paj-UH-mus).  Hmmm...

I thought this was an urban legend, like La-a and Abcde.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

These are from the school I work at.

Jermyla

LonNaja

Kodiyon

Joshly

Twins- Demi and Dhime

Dejon (like the mustard?)

Jamandas

Trenthony (Trent +Anthony?)

Travenda

• Options
    imagemkd00:
    imagerattlecanqueen:

I thought this was an urban legend, like La-a and Abcde.

It very well could be, because I can't source it beyond a friend of a friend kinda deal.  But how awesome/sad is it if it's true?

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    Oh and a friend of mine is a med student. He once saw a little girl named La'Dynasty. A foreign student accidentally called her Lady Nasty. Apparently the mom was not so happy
  • Options

imageklv:
    Oh and a friend of mine is a med student. He once saw a little girl named La'Dynasty. A foreign student accidentally called her Lady Nasty. Apparently the mom was not so happy

this was already mentioned here...must be another UL!!!

• Options
    imagevigurl:
    imageamberpro:

I friend of mine had a Kia Sephia in her 2nd grade class several years ago.  

Coudn't they have gone for Alexus, Bently, Porshe instead???

Oh, we've had a couple Porches roll through, lol.

This year I also have a Zakkariyya (za-car-ee-ya) which isn't bad in itself it it weren't for the random double letters 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    imagejenny_jeff:

imageklv:

this was already mentioned here...must be another UL!!!

Lol I just read that one. Not a fake though. Guaranteed. 

• Options
    imagejkchs2003:
    imagebunnymama625:

Rondae and Ronday-- twins, boy girl

My mother used to work with a Female- pronounces Fa Mah Lay - the story was they hadn't decided on a name when she was born, and when the baby came from the nursery in an incubator marked "Last Name, Female" they thought the hospital named the baby for them.

Have you told that story before? It sound familiar.

I've heard many people tell this story. 

• Options
    My mom was a teacher in NYC and she had a girl who's name was pronounced SH-i-thay-ad... Spelled Shithead..... Really
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I may have shared this one before...a friend of ours worked with a young girl who named her baby after his daddy...with a bit of a twist.  Daddy's name was James, baby's name was Semaj (se mah jay).
  • Options
    imagerattlecanqueen:

Is this in WV? My ex coworker claimed that she worked at the hospital where the Jello's (lol)  were born. ..if not then I always knew she was a liar. haha

• Options
    I had a patient named Shaqueen Toenail. Toenail was the middle name and while I assume it was supposed to be pronounced Tanelle everytime she came in I couldn't help but giggle. 
  • Options
    imageamberpro:

There was a family at my school where the 2 boys were named James (after dad) and the daughter was Jamesha (again, I after dad, I guess).  It reminded me of George Foreman.  I had Jamesha in my class.  

I've had a Shantambrenikwa.  Sweet little girl- couldn't spell her name when she came to me, poor thing.  

I had a TeKeyah Rose once- kept wanting to call her Tequila.  

There is a Cavasia in 3rd grade right now.  

I friend of mine had a Kia Sephia in her 2nd grade class several years ago.  

I had a Tea once (pronounced Tia), and a Tittyanna (pronounced Tatiana).

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.   

Tittyana? I just snorted.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had a bunch of really really weird names when I worked in an inner city hospital. I had a Shital (pronounced see-thal), Ponyboy, Hecmarie (mom and dad's names combined) and Durtee. We also had a bunch of Diamonds, Sapphires and Queen (fill in the blank). There were a lot more that I can't remember now!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I went to junior high with Winter White and her BFF London Town.  Both were black.

I went to church with Tim Timmons.  He's an awesome musician.  He had the sense to not name his son Tim.

I'm in a mommy group with a lady who just named her son Iyzak.  She said she searched FB and there were too many Isaac's and only a few Iyzaks. 

TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options

I am super late to this thread, but in our local paper a few months ago, there was a story about two kids named Adorable and DaFinest.

Also, I was in a play with a girl named Tuesday. Her sisters names were Patience and Thankful. (I always thought of the Addams Family) One of the sisters is now or was in jail for sleeping with one of her students I think?!

• Options
    imageTelly21182:
    I always thought it was an urban legend too.  I've heard that story before - for a few years.  Well, not necessarily the story, but the name Female and pronunciation.

Just like, I also have heard the name La-A (La Dash Ah) from multiple sources so I've always assumed another UL.  Now I wonder.

I also would have thought Nevaeh was a made up UL as well but it's on lists! 

I've heard the La-A and Ladynasty names/stories before.  I think L'Dynasty was from a doctor too so maybe I know the same person as PP????  Weird!   I haven't read a lot of the other posts but I know a family with the following children:  Jameson, James, Jamese.  Two sons and a daughter, dad's name is James.   

ETA: I have a FB friend from high school with a daughter named Naveah. And I went to school with a guy whose first name was Saint Luke.

• Options
    i've got to say i hate when people call their daughter Rebecca and spell it like this: Rebekah.... it drives me mental.
  • Options

I worked in a pediatrician's office and had some very Unique names

Abced (Ab-said was the pro.)

Lilrondeonte (lil-run-de-aunte)

Limonjello and orangejello (La-Mon-ja-lo and Orang-ja-lo {twin girls})

Fragile (fragi-lee)

and my favorite Sha-a (Sha-dash-a {yes the dash is part of her name})

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"