Multiples

Pack N play mattress covers?

I think I need to separate my DD's for naps.  I am now listening to them on day 2 of no napping and cackling/giggling with each other.  I feel that the PnP's are hard as a rock.  Anyone use mattress covers?  I have the graco twin bassinette if that makes a difference in size.

TIA 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Pack N play mattress covers?

• I don't think they make them.  I have laid a blanket under the sheet in the past when we all slept over at grandma's.

That said, any chance you might just need to adjust your nap schedule?  When my boys started doing this they were probably about 18 - 20 months, and I eventually moved their nap from noon to 2pm.  I thought that was too late but lo and behold, they sleep 2 - 4pm and still go to bed happily at 7:30pm.  Sounds like they aren't that tired (or at least one of them isn't).

I've also started incorporating brushing teeth before nap, and then reading a couple books to them in their room, light dimmed.  It seems to calm them a bit and make them sleepy.  I think having that routine for both nap and bedtime makes it a "you're going to sleep" thing.

Anyway sorry if that was more than you were looking for, good luck regardless!

• Long time lurker coming out of hiding.  We nap our boys seperately, one in his crib the other in a PnP in our bedroom.  My husband insisted the PnP was way too hard to nap on so he found a PnP mattress on Amazon.  I read the reviews and someone recommended a twin size sheet wrapped around twice was the best to use.  It's worked for us the past 4 months.  Hope that helps.
    3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to Walmart and bought one of those egg carton type pads that you put on a mattress. I then cut it down to the size of the PNP mattress. I was able to cut two of them from a twin size. They work really well and the girls sleep much better in the PNPs now when we travel. We have the regular PNPs. Don't know how the twin bassinette one is different.
  • Wow, I can't believe your LO's still go to sleep at 7:30 when they nap until 4.  My DD's nap at 1:00.   Sometimes on the weekend, we may get a later start to the nap and then they are more hyper and don't nap as well. 

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the brushing and book routine.  That might help them wind down a little better.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I bought two porta crib mattresses that fit in the PnP's. Then I put a mattress pad, and also the thick, quilted extra PnP sheet that goes over the mattress pad. It works well.

Just beware...some of the porta crib mattress don't fit in the PnP's. I bought one that was too short, and was about an inch too small on each side. They do make ones that fit though! I would just measure your PnP first. The quilted sheets are made for PnP's, so you know that fits.

FWIW...I started putting mine down for a nap at 1:30 instead of noon recently, for the same reason (I don't think they were tired and were playing too much in their cribs). They sleep til about 3, then go back down for the night at 6:30pm-9am. All my kids are in bed by 7:00 and it's the best thing I've ever done! Much needed alone time for myself and with DH. I highly recommend it! They don't sleep as much during the nap, but it works out since I get so much time in the evening.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper for much needed extra comfort. We love it! It is firm enough, so it is safe, is fits without gaps and the best part is that it folds in 3! We take our Chicco play yard and the mattress topper every where, they are so portable. Good luck!
  • I don't know about the twin bassinette ones... but I like the quilted pads.  I think they definitely help make it cozier.
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"