Multiples

Modified Bedrest, shower in 3 days

It seems my cervix has been shortening over the last few weeks. Yesterday, it checked out at about 2.5 cm with a dynamic change to 1.6cm. Last week it was 3.6cm withdynamic change to 2.4. Uterus monitoring shows no contractions. My doc recommends bed rest, as in staying off my feet as much as possible. We'll recheck it next week, and if it's shorter still, I'll be admitted.

My question is this: do I go ahead with the shower that's planned for me on the weekend? Or do you think it's best to skip it? Thanks for the input.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Modified Bedrest, shower in 3 days

• I wouldn't skip it! Just make sure you are sitting down, relaxing. You know everyone will be happy to cater to your needs, so just sit back and enjoy! Who can resist all those cute little baby gifts?

I'm assuming your shower isn't too far from your house (but probably not at your house). As long as your doc said it was okay be in the car for a few min., I don't see why you shouldn't go!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Looking back on my premature birth, if my cervix were dynamically shortening to 1.6cm at 25 weeks I wouldn't get out of my bed unless my house was on fire.

I know that's hard to hear as having a high risk pregnancy already robs you of so much of a normal pregnancy, but in the scheme of this, a shower is small. I know it's hard to feel like you are disappointing everyone by not being there and I know it's hard to not celebrate.

Now, if your shower is at your mom's house 3 doors down and you can literally lie on her couch (no sitting up with pressure on your cervix!) then I'd maybe consider it. But if it's 30 minutes away at a restaurant I would never every consider it.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWaitingforGrace:

if your shower is at your mom's house 3 doors down and you can literally lie on her couch (no sitting up with pressure on your cervix!) then I'd maybe consider it. But if it's 30 minutes away at a restaurant I would never every consider it.

Agreed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAmyJoy728:

imageWaitingforGrace:

if your shower is at your mom's house 3 doors down and you can literally lie on her couch (no sitting up with pressure on your cervix!) then I'd maybe consider it. But if it's 30 minutes away at a restaurant I would never every consider it.

Agreed.

Agreed as well.  A shower isn't worth your cervix shortening even more and going into PTL.  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • I wen to mine. It was at my MIL's house, I stayed on the couch, had food brought to me, etc.
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageatlantic:
    I wen to mine. It was at my MIL's house, I stayed on the couch, had food brought to me, etc.

This, except it was at my house.  I was so tired of being home alone most of the day that it was nice to have people come over.  It was small (it was my 3rd one :( ) but nice to visit, have some cake, and celebrate the babies that would be born 3 weeks later.  My cervix had been sitting at less than 2 cm for over a month and I was having contractions constantly, and the party didn't change any of that.  In fact maybe it helped because it took my mind off of the contractions and let me focus on something else (something happy).

• imageWaitingforGrace:

Looking back on my premature birth, if my cervix were dynamically shortening to 1.6cm at 25 weeks I wouldn't get out of my bed unless my house was on fire.

I know that's hard to hear as having a high risk pregnancy already robs you of so much of a normal pregnancy, but in the scheme of this, a shower is small. I know it's hard to feel like you are disappointing everyone by not being there and I know it's hard to not celebrate.

Now, if your shower is at your mom's house 3 doors down and you can literally lie on her couch (no sitting up with pressure on your cervix!) then I'd maybe consider it. But if it's 30 minutes away at a restaurant I would never every consider it.

I agree. That's quite a change for 25 weeks. From scomeone who was on hospital bedrest and had preemies, unless you can be in a recliner for the entire shower with no pressure on your cervix, I wouldn't go. If you can stay on home bedrest rather the hospital bedrest, you want to do everything you can to stay there. Hospital bedrest, while definitely helpful, is extremely emotionally draining. GL :)  

• Wow, thanks ladies. Lots of opinions on both sides. Since my question, there have benn developments. I was experiencing what I thought might be contractions, so I went into L&D to be evaluated. My fibrinectin test was positive, and I am having contractions, so I've been admitted. Been given betamethisone and the other drug for string contractions, and am being monitored. While its a bit scary, I'm trying to keep an upbeat/positive outlook. 

As for the shower, it's about 30 minutes away at a friends house. I haven't discussed this with her as yet, but will have to call her in the am. Depending on if I'm even out by Saturday, who knows what I'll do. But as some of you mentioned, I'd like to do fun stuff to take my mind off of this. We'll see. Thanks for listening and the advice.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLewisTwins:

Wow, thanks ladies. Lots of opinions on both sides. Since my question, there have benn developments. I was experiencing what I thought might be contractions, so I went into L&D to be evaluated. My fibrinectin test was positive, and I am having contractions, so I've been admitted. Been given betamethisone and the other drug for string contractions, and am being monitored. While its a bit scary, I'm trying to keep an upbeat/positive outlook. 

As for the shower, it's about 30 minutes away at a friends house. I haven't discussed this with her as yet, but will have to call her in the am. Depending on if I'm even out by Saturday, who knows what I'll do. But as some of you mentioned, I'd like to do fun stuff to take my mind off of this. We'll see. Thanks for listening and the advice.  

Either move the shower to your house or don't go.

If your FFN came back positive, I can't imagine you'll be on anything BUT strict bedrest - not modified. 

Call your friend and start making the changes now.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"