Parenting

What do you pack in your DC's lunch (nut free)?

We're in a serious rut around here, and I need some variety for DS's lunch.  What nut-free items do you pack? 

Our go-to's are

bagel with cream cheese

cheese stick

applesauce squeezer

yogurt squeezer

pretzels

fruit leather

dried fruits

pirates booty

Re: What do you pack in your DC's lunch (nut free)?

• This blog has a great list of lunchbox ideas (even if you don't do bento lunches). There's also a list of sandwich ideas.

https://wendolonia.com/blog/bento-box-basics/lunch-box-idea-list/

https://wendolonia.com/blog/bento-box-basics/sandwich-ideas/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS likes to take cinnamon bread with cream cheese. He has SPD, and it was a nightmare figuring out how to make a nut free lunch since he won't eat much of anything. Other than that, we pretty much pack the same stuff you listed.
    She's crafty - and she's just my type.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ds is in preschool so they will heat his lunch. When he gets to real school, I'll buy him a thermos food container. I send leftovers pretty much every day. That includes things like steak, cheeseburger, roasted chicken, spaghetti served over spaghetti squash, roast beef, chili, BBQ. Also, crustless quiche, boiled eggs, cheese, Greek yogurt, fruit of all kinds, pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, olives, raw veggies (peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower), 1/2 sweet potato or baked sweet potato fries. I don't send it to school, but of I'm packing his food for somewhere else, I'll occasionally add a square of dark chocolate or a few dark chocolate chips. 
  • imagefredalina:
    I make pumpkin seed butter.

Oh...can you share how? That's sounds good! 

• Pita pockets w/turkey & lettuce, mini-croissants w/jelly or turkey, hawaiian rolls with turkey or jelly
  • dpdwdpdw member
    Our current rotation is: tunafish, hummus, turkey & cheese sandwich, pasta & red sauce, udon noodle soup, egg salad, chicken & fried rice, carrot sticks, cucumber slices, edamame, mandarin oranges, bananas, apples, blueberries, raspberries, gogurt, cheese stick, zbar.
  • We aren't nut free @ her school, so she does do a lot of PB.
    She has nutella sometimes.
    She loves cheese sandwiches.

And sides: goldfish, green pepper, cukes, yogurt, cheese sticks.. are the staples.

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • ham and cheese, yogurt, water and fruit, sometimes pretzel sticks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sunbutter and jelly sandwiches

cream cheese and jelly sandwiches

rolled up turkey with hummus, veggies and crackers on the side

turkey hot dog, turkey meatballs (TJs frozen) or chicken patty and warm veg in a thermos

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • L gets a very similiar lunch everyday.  His usual is

turkey or ham and cheese sandwich or wrap

yogurt

cheez its/gold fish

water

He has about 12 minutes to eat lunch before they go outside to play, so I only pack things I know he can eat quickly.  He also gets a fruit for snack everyday (lately he's been asking for grapes).   

Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Rut here for us too.

We usually pack a sandwich (turkey or ham with cheese or cream cheese, cream cheese and jelly, or sun butter and jelly), a veggie (carrots, green beans, pea pods, green/red/yellow/orange peppers, edamame), a fruit (berries, apple, orange, clemetines, melons), and something else. The something else is usually string cheese, gold fish crax, sun chips, squeeze yogurt or applesauce, pretzels, or dried fruit. DS really likes to bring popcorn in his lunch. Today he got cheetos and thought that was the best thing ever. We don't usually buy them, so it was a treat. Sometimes we'll pack a cookie or other treat.

• dd likes a lot of fruits and veggies. Luckily she likes veggies right from the can, so if we don't have fresh or I'm afraid of choking, I can include canned green beans or carrots.  We buy whole baby carrots in the can. 

also:  cold cuts, wraps, cheese, beans, 

She's easy.

DS is all about pb and j so if we had a peanut free school, i'd definitely look into that pumpkin seed recipe! He starts K next year so will take his lunch sometimes.

I've seen really healthy muffin recipes that are full of veggies, etc. Or quiche cups.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"