Success after IF

If you had an anterior placenta...

When did you first feel the baby?  I had my NT scan yesterday and things looked good (thank God) and they said I had an anterior placenta.  With DD it was posterior and I felt her early, like flutters around 16 weeks and DH could feel her at 20 weeks.  I know that I will probably feel this one later but I'm just curious when others with an anterior placenta felt the baby.  

Also, if you've had more than one pregnancy and one was posterior and one was anterior did you notice a significant difference in movement?

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you had an anterior placenta...

• Yes!  My DS was not anterior and I felt him at 16ish weeks.  DD's placenta was anterior and I couldn't feel her forever - probably not until 20-21 weeks.  That said, DD also didn't move as much as DS did throughout, but it definitely freaked me out that I didn't feel her until over a month after I felt DS.  I was happy I had a home doppler!  Good luck Smile
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, DS was posterior and I felt him consistently around 18 weeks...flutters earlier than that. This time around, I didn't really feel the babies at all until 20 weeks (maybe a bit of flutters) and the last couple weeks they've been stronger (26 weeks now).
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • 23.5 weeks, as compared to about 20 with my first (without anterior placenta). I don't think I felt less movement overall, but just started feeling it later.
  • Bummer!  I loved feeling the movements early last time.  But, I'm glad to know that it will likely be significantly later this time because then I won't worry (as much).  I'll just know the baby has lots of cushioning there, maybe good since DD likes to jump on me to give hugs these days : )
  • I have noticed a really big difference in movement with this pregnancy.  I could see Garrison moving in my belly right around 20 weeks.  I couldn't even feel this baby in my belly (felt him down low and to the sides) until about a week ago.  HOwever, I think some of that was exacerbated by the fact that he is/was also breach/transverse.  I am hoping that the recent increase/change in movement this week may mean he has changed position.
  • I had an anterior placenta with DD and I didn't feel flutters until I was exactly 20 weeks (I didn't recognize them as flutters until a few days later though :) )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Anterior w/ both.  Felt DS1 at exactly 21 weeks and DS2 was around 14ish weeks.
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • I had an anterior placenta with Will and didn't feel him until the morning of my big u/s - I think I was just shy of 20w. At my NT, they said it looked like I had an anterior placenta with this one also - haven't felt anything yet! 
  • I had 2 anterior placentas. It sucked. I didn't consistently feel them until around 23w or so.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had an anterior placenta with my first and never felt her move.  :(  I delivered at 34 weeks so I guess I still had 6 weeks I could've felt her.  I definitely feel like I missed out on a 'right of passage' that women have when pregnant.  I really really hope I can feel this little one one day!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It didn't make that much of a difference for me.

DS1's was posterior...felt flutters at 14 weeks, kicks at 16 weeks, and you could SEE the kicks through loose clothing just a little over a week after that.

DS2's was anterior. I didn't feel anything until I felt real kicks, and those were at 17 weeks. He was less of a mover in general than his brother, but when he did move, it was very strong and obvious (often painful, actually!).

I was so worried that I wouldn't have all the crazy movement I'd had before -- the docs and nurses always commented on it -- but I was concerned for nothing!

• DS's placenta was anterior, I didn't feel anything until 23 weeks.  DD's placenta was posterior and I starting feeling her around 15-16 weeks.  Once I started to feel DS there wasn't a difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • I'm glad to hear that once you feel the baby it feels similar.  That was one of my absolute favorite parts of pregnancy.  I guess I just have to be patient.  Not on of my strengths.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"