Two Under 2

Did you bring LO#1 to the hospital?

DS will be less than a year when DD comes. I've never been away from him for long since I SAH so I'm worried about how he'll do. We'll probably have DH come home at night and family that he loves will be here with him during the day. DH thinks we should bring him to the hospital to see me. I know I will miss him like CRAZY, but I'm beginning to think it might be even harder on him though to see me for a few hours in a weird environment and then drive an hour home. He's going through a pretty big separation anxiety phase right now already and I'm almost wondering if "out of sight, out of mind" might work better, especially since DH will be home at night. 
photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg

Re: Did you bring LO#1 to the hospital?

• My kids were with me when I delivered, but they were around 18 months old.  I think in this case you are right "out of sight out of mind" esp, since it's an hour drive there and back!  GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • My older son was also just under a year when my younger son arrived.  We did not bring him to the hospital.  I didnt want to stress him out and wanted more time to bond with my younger son before the chaos began.
  • DS1 was 15 months old when DS2 came. My mom, sister, and niece came to our house to keep him. DH didn't want to leave the hospital at night and I'm glad he didn't but I had a c/s so needed a little more help.

I had my c/s on a thursady at 8am and my mom brought DS1 up there on Friday afternoon after his nap. We waited until friday so that I wouldn't have any IVs or pain pump hooked up. Dh went down to the lobby to meet them and actually bring DS1 up to the room. We had a few new choo-choos for him but it was really only a 20-30 minute visit. DH actually left with him and took him to dinner and put him to bed before he came back up to the hospital. That was the only visit we did. DS1 had a blast with my family and didn't even miss us I don't think. We did get a few pics of DS1 looking into the bassinet at DS2 and also on the bed with us all. It took a few minutes through for DS1 to really be okay with being there.

We'll be doing the same this time with the boys when #3 comes.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am just lurking here but our LOs are the same age.  If I were pg right now I would not bring DS to the hospital.  I stay home with him as well and he is going through major separation anxiety.  We are together most of the time as well as I SAH.  That said, DH and I just did our first overnight trip for 3 days.  He went to my parents house and was fantastic the entire time.  I think out of sight out of mind was what worked. 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • I did and I wish I didn't. I just felt really guilty because he was acting weird and he couldn't be set down because he is a wild toddler and it is a hospital w/ all kinds of things he couldn't touch like my IV pole. Also, my hospital had shared rooms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Children under 12 are not allowed at my hospital. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"