Breastfeeding

Way to get AF while BFing?

OK, I don't know how stupid of a question this is, but is there anyway I can get myself to have AF while I'm BFing?  LO is almost 9 months old and I still haven't gotten AF.  I plan to continue nursing her until one year and then do morning and night feeds until she weans.  I'm thinking long term b/c we eventually want a second baby so do I have to stop BFing in order to get AF and conceive?

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Way to get AF while BFing?

• It varies from woman to woman, but the first step would be to get one solid 6-8 hour stretch without breastfeeding - so either stopping pumping while at work, or night weaning.
  • You cannot force it. The prolactin you're producing is suppressing it. It will come naturally sooner or later. I know a few moms who night weaned (after 12m) to try to stimulate AF in order to TTC.

Mine came back at 12m. 

• Loading the player...
  • This is exactly my situation. I was really hoping I could get pregnant while I'm still BF, and then BF as long as she wants while I'm pg. But it's looking like that might not be the case :( 

DD is sleeping through the night now, so I go from 8:30pm-8:30am which is a good start. I'm not sure if this is going to help, but I'm planning in the next month or two to start pumping her daytime bottles and the occasional night bottle to get her used to drinking milk from a bottle, and then also eventually to start doing half BM half CM. I've heard that pumping doesn't stimulate the same as a baby, so maybe that will help?

Also, another thing I'm doing is starting to chart. It's possible that you could ovulate before you get your period, so if I can, I want to catch it! 

Hope that helps. I'm not sure if any of it will actually work, but it's my plan for now! :) 

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• You can definitely ovulate before your period!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"