High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Book Suggestions

I am looking for suggestions on good books to read. As I posted yesterday, I was placed on modified bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. My husband bought me a Kindle Fire yesterday and it should be here any day! I would love some suggestions on what you all have read and loved! I am currently reading Hunger Games but not really a huge fan of books of this type. I'm not into Harry Potter either :/ Any suggestions out there that I should look into?! Thank you for your help :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Book Suggestions

• Options

What kind of books do you enjoy? I love mysteries and legal thrillers. John Grisham is a favorite. Recently I've enjoyed Randy Singer and Rebecca Forster. I'm not sure if they are still available, but both of those authors had a free book for Kindle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I love the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris (the books that the TV show True Blood was based on). The humor is great and they are incredibly quick reads.

I just finished reading The Host by Stephanie Meyers. Its a good book that got me thinking but was really enjoyable.

If you mention some books you do like, I'll see if I can come up with more suggestions!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am cheesy and like romance novels/love triange type books and things like that. Are you familiar with Emily Giffin? She is my absolute FAVORITE author!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagekstockdale2011:
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am cheesy and like romance novels/love triange type books and things like that. Are you familiar with Emily Giffin? She is my absolute FAVORITE author!

These might not be perfectly in line with your preferences, but you might enjoy The Help or something by Jodi Picoult. If you want to go a bit more old-fashioned, anything by L.M. Montgomery is good and some are free for Kindle. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I would try the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. The first book is incredible and the following ones are also pretty good. They are long, but very enjoyable!

Another, if you like fantasy with your romance is the Troy Game series by Sara Douglass. By far one of the most amazing series I've ever read. Lots of love triangles and reincarnation thrown in the mix with wonderful characters. Its a healthy dose of period/history, fantasy and romance with intrigue. Seriously, the final book took my breath away and the ending is AMAZING!

imageimage
  • Options
    If you want fun/sexy like reads that are super entertaining anything by Jackie Collins I love.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There is a website called whatshouldireadnext.com I have been using it to help load my kindle as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"