Nurseries and Baby Gear

Car seat geeks, um gurus!!

There's a new convertible being released here, I would love to see it in person. What I like about the marketing behind the seat is that they've made very clear the measurements and dimensions of the seat and eliminated the hassle of the search. Looks like it's competition for the Radian, but we'll see how it actually performs.

https://www.snugglebugz.ca/foonf.html

Re: Car seat geeks, um gurus!!

• This seat is all the rage on my FB car seat board. I see so many posts each day of ladies saying that they are saving up for it.

I looked at carseatblog.com's review of it, and I thought it was kind of ugly. Embarrassed Which obviously doesn't matter in car seat safety, but you know....

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think I'll stick with my Radian...at least the sticker shock isn't so bad. It isn't pretty at all. At least their boosters have cute prints on them. I hear ya, if this turns out to be the most fantastic seat ever made, it's still fugly. Wink The local shop here doesn't expect them until summer at least, so I can't play with it. I picture it best in a Nissan Cube driven by someone off Big Bang Theory.

• Loading the player...
  • There is tons of talk about this seat on car-seat.org too. I am honestly just not impressed either. I think it's ugly too, and I hate how high it sits on the base. I think I will stick with Radians too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it is quite ugly as well.  But if it is a top performer I guess that doesn't matter!

By the looks of it, the seat looks very shallow.  Not sure how well a older child would fit. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I wish all car seat manufacturers would list dimensions like that! It would make finding a seat that fits soo much easier!
  • imagecast920:
    I wish all car seat manufacturers would list dimensions like that! It would make finding a seat that fits soo much easier!

See that's the part I like. If it does prove to be a top performer, maybe they can make it look less ugly.

LittleApple, judging from the dimensions, it's supposed to fit about the same as the Radian, the measurements are pretty close. The only thing it can't do is fit small babies, they've listed it as starting at approximately 6 months, head supported. Partly because of the harness height, and I'm going to take a guess and say also because of the angle rf. 

• We will get one when DD goes FFing :) I think it looks modern!
  • We pre-ordered one at our local store. I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I trust the brand from my experience with their booster seats so I'm excited they are creating a convertible. I think for the amount of use it gets, the price isn't bad. It's safety makes more sense than anything I have ever seen and that's the most important thing to me. I also think it looks modern and cool. In my opinion it's the only non ugly convertible I have ever seen.
  • imageGirlWithTheMostCake:
    We pre-ordered one at our local store. I'm pretty much obsessed with it. I trust the brand from my experience with their booster seats so I'm excited they are creating a convertible. I think for the amount of use it gets, the price isn't bad. It's safety makes more sense than anything I have ever seen and that's the most important thing to me.

True, to a point (at least for me). For me it makes sense to stick with the Radian because of how short a time we'll likely be able to use it with S. Had they released this last summer, maybe I'd consider it, but our next purchase might only just be a backup seat for DH or Grandma (I transfer our Radian currently - other Grandma has our spare Radian). I'm not so sure I'd spend that much for a spare, but I'd certainly look at another Radian.

I do love their booster seats though. We'll likely get one for DH's car this summer as backup. ::waits for the summer sale::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"