Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Hotel sleeping w/ 16 month old

How would you deal with this? We are going out of town and staying in a hotel in April. We will have DD in her own "kids" area, so she's fine. DS will be in a playpen on one end of the room.

When DD was little (<6 months), we used to just put blankets on the edge of the playpen, so she couldn't see us and would fall asleep. But DS will be 16 months old at the time and can stand and see us overtop of the playpen. How would you handle this? Hope he falls asleep? Put up a room divider? What would you do?

TIA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
imageimage
imageimage

Re: Hotel sleeping w/ 16 month old

• Options

We just experienced this situation when we were in Ottawa for Winterlude.

For us, we booked a suite, which allowed us to have our own room on the first night, before my parents joined us for the second.  This was definitely a bonus, and well worth the money.

If it isn't an option, I would recommend just putting up a make-shift room divider so that your son cannot see you and you do not disturb his sleep.

Hope everything works out for you!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageBeerBeck:

We just experienced this situation when we were in Ottawa for Winterlude.

For us, we booked a suite, which allowed us to have our own room on the first night, before my parents joined us for the second.  This was definitely a bonus, and well worth the money.

If it isn't an option, I would recommend just putting up a make-shift room divider so that your son cannot see you and you do not disturb his sleep.

Hope everything works out for you!

This is what I was thinking (room divider) but I'm not sure what to make it out of?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You might have a little alcove area into a closet or bathroom.  Use that if it works.  If not, maybe there will be a chair or something you can make a make-shift divider for.  If your DD will be in another area, is that not a place your DS can be in the PNP?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After my last two hotel stays with a baby screaming for what felt like hours because he could totally see us, we now stay in cheaper hotels where we can buy adjoining rooms or a suite, or investigate hotel layouts for a room that allows for a crib to be placed out of the way.  For us, it's not only that he can see us, but DH is such a loud sleeper he ends up waking DS with his coughing or snoring.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemoonrose2715:
    You might have a little alcove area into a closet or bathroom.  Use that if it works.  If not, maybe there will be a chair or something you can make a make-shift divider for.  If your DD will be in another area, is that not a place your DS can be in the PNP?

This is possible but I'd be worried that they would keep each other awake?

imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"