Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Moms of vocal babies....

LO has always been very vocal. He has a few words and mimics a lot of other words and sounds. Its super cute when hes talking and babbling, but the screaming. omg! He screams when hes happy, exited, upset, hungery, tired, mad, ect. Its driving me nuts! I'm sure the neighbors think I abuse my baby because of all the screaming. He has gone through phases of screaming before, then has gotten over it and become a little quieter again, but this has been going on for a few weeks to a month now and seems to be getting worse. I know its not a pain scream. I've tried Advil and it doesn't help at all. 

Just wondering, will he grow out of this? Is there anything I can do, or do I just have to wait it out?

Re: Moms of vocal babies....

• Options

My LO has started screaming/screeching again too.  She's very vocal and babbles constantly so I think it's just part of that.  When she's in pain she scream/cries.  Totally different sound.

I'm a first timer so I'm not sure when exactly it goes away but I would guess around the time that they learn to talk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our LO did this for around a month or so. It drove us nuts. It was constant. I think it was just that she learned a new thing and wanted to try it all the time for awhile. She eventually stopped and now only does it occasionally. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We call it channeling the pterodactyls MY sweet baby girls does this ... and it is so loud that she makes her twin sister CRY !!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Yeah, I figured hes just trying his voice out and loves it when its loud! We've been trying to ignore the screaming, but thats really hard. Fingers crossed he gets over it soon.  Thanks for the feedback!

• Options
    My LO screeches a very loud high pitched sound too, and even surprises himself sometimes it looks like! I think he's try to outdo himself honestly. He's always hollering or screaming in a happy way, just to be loud. I think he just likes to be heard. Even hums himself to sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so glad you posted this; I was thinking about it too.  My baby is also very vocal, and she also has an incredibly ear-piercing shriek that she lets out for basically any reason, including but not limited to when she is upset, bored, or having fun.  I figured it was just her testing out her favorite sound (after all, didn't we all love to scream at the top of our lungs as children just to see how loud we could get?  ...Or was that just me?), but I'm so glad she's not the only one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    image2moms2twins:

We call it channeling the pterodactyls MY sweet baby girls does this ... and it is so loud that she makes her twin sister CRY !!!

This made me lol.  The pterodactyls, not the poor sister crying! Hehe.  Aww.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"