D.C. Area Babies
Options

Totally stressing about name for DD#3 - kind of name poll

With about a month to go, we are no closer to name choice than we were 2 months ago.  I don't know why this is stressing me out so much, but I thought I could post here, get opinions, and maybe that would make me less stressed.  Typically, I am not one for posting name polls, but I am going crazy.  So here goes, be gentle please.  Our last name has 3 syllables and starts with an M.  In no particular order:

Abigail Marie

Olivia Jane

Isabella Marie

Lily Anne

Re: Totally stressing about name for DD#3 - kind of name poll

• Options
    Personally, I love Olivia.  It doesn't seem as popular, which to me was a deciding factor w/DS's name.  Plus, I knew a girl growing up whose name is Olivia, and she was always one to stand up for who she was and what she believed in.  Kinda corny, but looking back on it now, Lady Gaga's whole anti-bullying campaign makes me think of her.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

They're all very popular names right now....

I think I like Abigail Marie the best.

Instead of Lily Anne, have you thought about combining it into Lillian as a first name?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Abigail- because I like the nickname Abby :-) Second, would be Lily. Abigail Lily could be nice too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think they're all great. 

I like chia's idea about Lillian - I love that name, but DH wouldn't go for it.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

Just my thoughts....It is so hard, I sympathize with you!

Abigail Marie--love the name Abigail--it made it on the short list for us; I like the combo of names here too; I like the NN Abby.

Olivia Jane--very pretty, love the combination.

Isabella Marie--I like the name.  I tend to steer away from names that are super-popular, like Isabella and all the variants are right now, but obviously that doesn't bother other people, so if you like it, go for it!

Lily Anne--my least favorite of the 4.  I love the name Lily, not crazy about it with Anne, though, not sure why. 

• Options

They're all nice, classic, feminine names. None of them stand out to me as being "You named your child what?"

Are any of them family names?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagenorthernvabride:

With about a month to go, we are no closer to name choice than we were 2 months ago.  I don't know why this is stressing me out so much, but I thought I could post here, get opinions, and maybe that would make me less stressed.  Typically, I am not one for posting name polls, but I am going crazy.  So here goes, be gentle please.  Our last name has 3 syllables and starts with an M.  In no particular order:

Abigail Marie

Olivia Jane

Isabella Marie

Lily Anne

I personally don't like Marie as a middle name if your last name starts with M. I love all those first names, though.

I like ch ch chia's Lillian idea, and I love Olivia. I guess Lillian Olivia would be too many "L" sounds? Otherwise, I would do Olivia. I do love Abigail, though (it's my BFF's name). I'm no help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

All are great.  I like Olivia Jane best.  Olivia was growing in popularity when we were naming DD (don't know if it still is as much), which is the only reason I didn't use it.  I love girl names that end in "a" and think Jane is a classy, timeless middle name (oh, and it was mine before I switched my maiden to my middle...).  It's a name that would serve her well during all stages of life, and I think the nickname "Livi" is cute.

Isabella and Lily are too popular for my taste (apparently "L" names are trendy right now, I read), but it may not bother you.  I think Abigail is cute but don't know if it'll grow with her as well as Olivia.  Like I can picture a 45-year old Olivia but not an Abigail as easily, if that makes sense (which is silly because there are, or will be, plenty of 45-year old Abbys).

Good luck!  I posted several times on here about names for #3, so I know what it's like to feel like you're stuck and can't make any progress.

• Options

I like the suggestion for Lillian Olivia.  That sounds so nice!

Otherwise, I'm a fan of Abigail and Lily as first names if you aren't interested in morphing Lily Anne together.

• Options
    Thanks for all the opinions.  Keep them coming.  For a little background, DH actually only will look at the top 20 and wants a name from there, so there are all actually in the top 20.  Our other 2 girls have top 100 names, with DD#1 having a top 5 name and DD#2 being in the top 75.  Isabella is #1 right now, and then Olivia, Abigail and Lily (coming in at #17 for 2011).  Marie is for Mary, which is my grandmother's name, my MIL's middle/confirmation name, and FIL's mom's name.  I don't necessarily like it as a name, but Mary wouldn't work and I liked that it was honoring multiple people. I don't think I like Lillian actually, but that could have been a good solution. 
  • Options
    They really are all lovely.  Abigail is my favorite of the bunch.  The common thread to me is that they are all names from our grandparent's generation.  Is their a grandma you would want to honor that would have a similar period name. 
  • Options

of posted, I like Olivia Jane the best.  i really like the name jane which puts me in the minority, I know.

However, given your f/u post, I'd like to point out the Lillian Marie is pretty.

• Options

I like Olivia. It was actually the other choice for H's middle name. But I decided if we were lucky enough to have a second girl, I'd want Olivia as a first name, so we went with the other option instead.  

I also like Abigail, so I'm really no help. My only concern is both of those names are pretty trendy right now -  but if that doesn't bother you, either one is beautiful!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them although Isabella may be a little long with a three syllable last name. Abigail was on our "top 3 list" for DD so I'm a little partial to that one.

We still have 0 name choices for this baby and I think we're due very close to each other. DH and I can't agree on anything. 

Maybe you could narrow it down based on your other girls names? You don't want to be too similar or not go together at all. 

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options
    No to Isabella unless you really like Twilight.  I've never heard of someone who actively picks names in the top 20.  I'm genuinely curious about that.  I wanted something classic, but actively steered away from the top 20 b/c I was hoping DD would be the only one in her class with the name.  Of course, we've since met 3 other little girls in our neighborhood her age with her name.  Guess we didn't succeed.  And I still love her name.  Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"