Maryland Babies
Options

Pediatrician recs?

Ha, I know, this gets asked like 20 times a week! 

I'm having issues bc I'm so flexible with location. We're downtown currently, so a city doc would be ideal for now, but within the next year will likely move to the Elkridge/Ellicott City/Columbia area, so any recs in that area are okay too.

I'm going to ask my landlord (who is a pediatrician) but he hasn't practiced in several years and his perspective is obviously going to be that of a doctor, which is good, but I'd like some patient perspective as well.

Thanks!

We have BCBS if that makes a difference at all.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pediatrician recs?

• Options

Not a specific rec, but we take Evie to our Family Physician.  If your PCP's specialty is family medicine that may be an option for you.  

We love the fact that ALL of us (including my parents, my sister and her kids) all see the same doctor.  We have some genetic issues that run in the family and I think it is helpful that our doctor is fully aware of the family medical history. 

Also, at every well baby appointment the doctor checked on me too.  It was good to see my doctor so often after giving birth.    She recognized pretty quickly that I was having some post-traumatic issues from Evie's early birth and really helped me deal with those. 

Good luck no matter what you decide.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I see Dr. Landrum @ the Pediatric Center.  They have a large office in Catonsville and a smaller one in Elkridge/Columbia (off 100).  I like that we have a personal relationship w/ E's pediatrician, but there are 8 docs in the practice so we can always see someone that day.  When Ella was very young, I also really appreciated having a doctor who was also a mom w/ little kids/babies so her experience/advice was coming from a mother's perspective.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKathrynMD:
    I see Dr. Landrum @ the Pediatric Center.  They have a large office in Catonsville and a smaller one in Elkridge/Columbia (off 100).  I like that we have a personal relationship w/ E's pediatrician, but there are 8 docs in the practice so we can always see someone that day.  When Ella was very young, I also really appreciated having a doctor who was also a mom w/ little kids/babies so her experience/advice was coming from a mother's perspective.

Dianne Landrum?  I think she just came up in my health insurance search.  Maybe I will give them a call!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We see Dr. Beams (her office is right next to HCGH) and we LOVE her.  Seriously I cannot say enough good things about her.  She's so personable and never makes me feel stupid with the questions I ask.  She also gives out her personal email address and phone number and encourages patients to contact her with any questions.

When Lucy was just a few weeks old (2-3 maybe?) she had an infection in her tear duct that I noticed over the weekend.  All I had to do was take a picture on my cell phone, email it to Dr. Beams, and she called in a medicine for her at Target pharmacy.  No schleping a newborn out or anything.

Really she is amazing.

O and I know she takes BCBS because that's what I had when I was still at UB.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    imagemrsbecky07:

imageKathrynMD:

Dianne Landrum?  I think she just came up in my health insurance search.  Maybe I will give them a call!

yep

• Options
    We take DD to Parnes, May and Associates. We see Dr. Lee but on occasion when she isn't available we have seen 3 other ones and love them all. Dr. Lee is amazing, and we have nothing but good things to say about them! They are right off of 108 in Ellicott City. 
  • Options
    We love Dr. Morgan-Cooper at Village Pediatrics (near JHU Homewood). She spends a lot of time with us and has been great.
  • Options

2nd vote for Landrum. She is awesome.

• Options
    We also go to the pediatric center and see Dr. Burke, she is in both offices during the week.  We really like her, she is laid back, not an alarmist and just really works well for us.  She has worked with us through weight issues with my daughter and not is working with us with our cleft affected son.  I can't say enough good about her.
  • Options

We also go to the Pediatric Center but see Dr. Kopper. We've seen probably all of the doctors at that practice at one time or another and I've liked all of them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for the Pediatric Center - we see Dr. Chang and I so far have not seen a Dr. that I did not like.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We go to Dr. Beams in Columbia and we have been thrilled with her care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"