Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 months and tummy sleeper?

Ok - who all out there put their sweet LO's on their belly to sleep?  We had been doing SO good with taking our bottle and going right down UNTIL DD got an ear infection!  Tonight was pretty terrible until I got her to calm down and then, in an attempt to get her to stay calm/asleep, I put her on her belly.  She can lift up really well & also roll over.  However, I went to check on her and I noticed she was lifting her head up as if to turn it the other way but she just kept dropping her head to the same side.  

Anyway, who puts their babies on their bellies?  I just really think she'll sleep better...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 6 months and tummy sleeper?

• I've been putting my Anna on her belly for bedtime for about 2 weeks now.  She was rolling onto her belly on her own for about  a week before that.  I noticed that when she doesn't roll to her tummy, she wakes up like an hour later and we just roll her to her tummy and she goes right back to sleep.  Now when I lay her down, if she doesn't roll over to her tummy within a few seconds, I roll her.  She definitely sleeps better that way.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DS has been sleeping on his tummy since he was about 5 months.  We never put him on his tummy though.  Our pedi said it was ok if he rolled on his own but we should still put him on his back to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • If LO falls asleep on me, then I put her on her belly.  If I put her in her crib awake, she rolls to her belly on her own.  She's been a belly sleeper since the day she learned to roll back to tummy around 5.5 months.  In fact, I'm currently watching LO on the monitor and she just fell asleep on her tummy after I put her down on her back.  

I only started to put LO on her tummy after she started doing it herself though. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD has been sleeping on her tummy for about two months now. It was the only way we could move her out of the RnP into the crib. She's able to roll both directions now but at the beginning she couldn't. I felt like she was able to lift her upper torso and move it around so I was fine letting her sleep on her tummy. The only problem is now she scoots around in her sleep and winds up in a corner and wakes herself up.
  • DD sleeps on her belly as well. She has for several months now. She prefers it and can roll so there wasn't much I could to to prevent it. Although she still wakes 2 times at night to nurse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My lo rolls instantly to the right as soon as I lay her down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter has been sleeping on her tummy since about 4 months. She has had reflux and congestion problems all along and got a bad cold about that time. Her pediatrician suggested we raise the head area of the crib with a pillow underneath and lay her on her tummy to keep the mucous from going into her throat. She finally started sleeping well and has been on her tummy ever since! And we're trying soy formula starting this week to see if that helps the continuous congestion.
  • DD just learned to roll to her tummy this week and now is loving sleeping on her tummy! It seems so odd to me for a baby who hated tummy time so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebonitatinabina143:
    My lo rolls instantly to the right as soon as I lay her down.

This.  Our LO has been sleeping on his tummy for months.  It used to really freak me out.  Now that he can lift himself really well and move around in his crib I'm not as worried. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"