D.C. Area Babies

Another "remind me" post: Newborn stuff

I think I repressed the first three months after DD was born (or I was in a fatigue-induced haze). I was reminded about not putting an infant in a onesie because of the belly button at our baby shower. I totally would have brought him home in a onesie otherwise. Then I started to get nervous about all the other newborn stuff I'm supposed to be careful about, because I remember seriously nothing (other than putting them on their backs). I probably need to re-read a book or something, but if there is anything you can share to help a clueless sister out, I'd appreciate it!
imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"

Re: Another "remind me" post: Newborn stuff

• I put both babies in onesies and never had any problems.  :-)

Something I forgot about the second time around was burping, LOL.  I forgot that a baby needed to be burped after eating.  Also, they pee whenever they feel like it.  Diaper under a diaper when changing, or cover up with a washcloth.  I can't think of anything else off of the top of my head.

It'll come back quickly. 

• my kid was in a onesie too. frankly variations on onesies and footie outfits is just about all we had at the time. everything was fine. i think it's more important to make sure the diaper is folded down so that doesn't rub the cord stub.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a bunch of those little kimono side snap shirts for the belly button issue and never even used them.

Scratchy newborn fingernails! I was just reminded of this when cleaning out C's dresser and discovering a tiny little newborn nail file.

And swaddling, but you probably remember that. 

• We had DS1 and DS2 in a onesie under their sleeper from the beginning.  Other than a little blood getting on them, there was no cord irritation or any other problem with wearing them.  So I think you'll be fine!

Ditto PP who said that it'll come back.  I wrote a similar post on here just before DS1 was born, panicking a bit.  Like you, the first few months of DD's life were fuzzy when looking back.  I couldn't even recall what stuff I should be remembering, much less how to do it.  But I'm betting it'll all come back to you without any problem.  I found the "mother of two kids" adjustment hard, but the "mother to a newborn" role was easy.  The "been there, done that" confidence is nice.

• Good for you for remembering to ask.  I'm hoping it's like riding a bike. I pumped exclusively after about a month and I can't remember how much newborns eat at the beginning.  Fortunately, my good friend who lives on my block has a new 2 week old, so I can always ask her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

Something I forgot about the second time around was burping, LOL.  I forgot that a baby needed to be burped after eating.

Me too.  :)

• Nothing to add, but thanks for the reminder! And there are some good remindres in this thread. I've been mildly freaking out as day by day I notice just how self-sufficient my almost three year old has become and wondering how I am going to remember to take care of an utterly helpless newborn again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"