Austin Babies

If you make your own pasta...

Could you please recommend the tools you use?  DS loves ravioli, so I'd like to be able to make it homemade for him and try different fillings.  I am looking at pasta rollers and ravioli molds.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: If you make your own pasta...

• I've made linguine with my kitchenaid attachment before. It was just ok, so I haven't done it again. It was just so much work and created a huge mess. I would try sur la table for some supplies. They're always super helpful and would likely have a good selection. 

Ive also heard that you can use premade wonton wrappers to make your own ravioli, but I've never tried it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have found it easiest to hand make ravioli. The molds end up messy and don't work well. We roll out thin sheets with our hand pasta machine and then cut squares or triangles and put filling on them and either fold them closed or lay another pasta piece on top and close it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use the KitchenAid Pasta Roller attachments to the standing mixer that we received as a wedding gift.  To make ravioli, I roll out a sheet and use a basic circle cookie cutter to make the cut out and seal with a little water around the border. Once we made pasta a couple times and got the feel for the dough, it was really easy, but it did take a little trial and error in the beginning.

Here's a link to the rollers (not sure how to make a clicky yet, I'm still new...).  It used to be available at BBB with their 20% off coupon, not sure if it currently is.

https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KPRA-Roller-Attachment-Mixers/dp/B00004SGFS

Good luck! 

• Thanks ladies. I have a KitchenAid Mixer, but wasn't sure if the attachment was worth the $$$. Maybe I'll try my neighbors pasta roller and hand make the ravioli before I make a big investment.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"