Stay at Home Moms
Options

Share your absolute favorite/latest baby item(s).

Besides our Rock 'n' Play sleeper and Ergo, we've pretty much gotten rid of all things infant/baby.  I want to keep an eye out on Amazon for other baby items before this little guy comes in August.  Things like a play mat, exersaucer, high chair, swaddle blankets, toys, and anything else we might need the first year.  Ideas?  Also, anything specifically for baby boys?  I've heard the Pee Pee Tee Pees are a good idea...
BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!

Re: Share your absolute favorite/latest baby item(s).

• Options

I think the pee pee teepees are silly. I'm planning to buy a package of cheap washclothes to serve the same purpose.

I can't comment on new baby items...all of my stuff is four years old now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagenonasimonsen:
    I love the Summer Infant Swaddle Me blankets. I have only uses the ones with velcrow, but they just came out with "pod" ones that you zip up. I may buy one that zips to add to our collection and see which I like better.

We never tried these, but I swear by the Halo Sleepsack Swaddle.  The first night B wore that he STTN at 6 weeks and has been a content sleeper ever since.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The Fisher Price Seahorse was like Valium for Teaghan.  Not only did it soothe her to sleep, but it would quiet any crying or fussing jag.

I'm def going to be looking into some swaddler for this LO, but I haven't decided which to try.

She LOVED her swing.  To this day she'll try to climb into it if she sees it.  What I liked best is that it could swing side to side or front to back.  And I think they have a model now that plugs in.

• Options
    We loved the halo sleepsack swaddler! DS like his sleepsack so much that we used one with and then without the swaddle until he was nine months!
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We love our snugabunny swing, Summer swaddle me's, Sophie the giraffe, mobile (similar to this:  https://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Love-464-Classic-Mobile/dp/B002BSHTS0/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1330522050&sr=1-1) and activity gym (from Ikea: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70108177/ )! 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageKaiterz:

The Fisher Price Seahorse was like Valium for Teaghan.  Not only did it soothe her to sleep, but it would quiet any crying or fussing jag.

I'm def going to be looking into some swaddler for this LO, but I haven't decided which to try.

She LOVED her swing.  To this day she'll try to climb into it if she sees it.  What I liked best is that it could swing side to side or front to back.  And I think they have a model now that plugs in.

Our DD is Teaghan also and I have never seen anyone spell it the same way as us! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebabypuplove:
    Besides our Rock 'n' Play sleeper and Ergo, we've pretty much gotten rid of all things infant/baby.  I want to keep an eye out on Amazon for other baby items before this little guy comes in August.  Things like a play mat, exersaucer, high chair, swaddle blankets, toys, and anything else we might need the first year.  Ideas?  Also, anything specifically for baby boys?  I've heard the Pee Pee Tee Pees are a good idea...

I've actually heard that the Pee Pee Tee Pees are silly and don't work.  We just either used a washcloth or quickly recovered with the diaper if necessary. 

• Options
    Swaddleme, Sophie the giraffe, Rock n play

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Never had a use for a Pee Pee Tee Pee although we were gifted one. My girls always peed on me more than my boy-not sure why. I also second the swaddle me and a Fisher Price Papasan swing (any of them). The only other thing I can think of is a sound machine and a Twilight Turtle (helps me see in the dark during night feedings).
  • Options
    imageKaiterz:

That's the swing we used with both girls.  I'm so sad we got rid of it.  We'll probably end up buying it again.  :) 

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options

We would loose sleep if it weren't for a good humidifier and the sound machine. The sound machine was from Target for $20. Best $20 I ever spent.

Also a huge fan of a Boppy pillow even if you aren't BFing.

Mom to preemie b/g twins born 14 weeks early after 3 years of IF, 8 clomid cycles and 1 IVF. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

DD peed on me more than ds ever did as a baby.  I think the peepee teepees are unnecessary really.  I loved the swaddle me's with ds, swore by them so much so that I stocked up on them for dd only to have her hate being swaddled since about 3 weeks,  Go figure.  DS also loved our little lamb swing and dd is indifferent.  I love her carseat if you don't already have an infant carrier the Chicco one is amazing.  The installation takes about a minute and is impossible to mess us and getting her in and out is easy since the straps are adjustable from the front.  I also love my Vera Bradley diaper bag if that's your style at all. 

There are so many less things I swear by with dd.  She's just a simpler baby and needs less gimmicks to be happy.  I'm trying to think of more but that's all that is coming to my mind.  

• Options

I cut a cloth diaper in quarters or sixths and used to cover up my DS.  After a while, I just got hip to putting the diaper over him.  IMO, they are cute, but a waste of money.

As for baby items all the stuff you listed are all good to have.  DS loves his exersaucer, it is really great!  We also have a FP activity set he is really loving right now.  He's been able to use since he started sitting on his own (it replaced the play mat for us)

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Crawl-Cruise-Musical-Jungle/dp/B0015KTUKK/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1330526138&sr=8-11

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are also huge fans of the First Years sound of silence white noise machine. We still use it!
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagebillyandsara:
    imageKaiterz:

Our DD is Teaghan also and I have never seen anyone spell it the same way as us! 

Oh my gosh!  I've never seen anyone else spell it this way either.  I always feel like I need to justify that it is, in fact, a real spelling of the name. lol  I just thought it looked a lot more feminine than the 'Teagan' spelling.  Plus it's more of a Welsh-Irish spelling which I am.  Love it!

• Options
    My ds loved his swing. Also, I loved our bumbo.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options
    The tee pees don't really work.  And to be honest, you're not gonig to get "sprayed" too often if ever.  I think each boy had a little geyser maybe once or twice on the changing table.  As someone else said, you can just throw a small washcloth over his penis when you're changing him or bathing him if you're worried.  Don't waste your money on the tee pees.  They are cute though.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Fisher Price Snugabunny Swing

Sophie the Giraffe (so silly but oh em gee P freaking loves it)

Brightstarts Play Mat (cheap and does the same stuff that the expensive Baby Einstein does- which we have also)

Aiden & Anais breatheable swaddle blankets (they sell them at Target in a pack of 4)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imageKaiterz:
    imagebillyandsara:
    imageKaiterz:

Oh my gosh!  I've never seen anyone else spell it this way either.  I always feel like I need to justify that it is, in fact, a real spelling of the name. lol  I just thought it looked a lot more feminine than the 'Teagan' spelling.  Plus it's more of a Welsh-Irish spelling which I am.  Love it!

I've also got a Teagan - but not spelled the same as your little ladies. 

To OP: I 2nd the Seahorse, I also loved the Halo sleepsack, and DD also loves My Pal Violet by Leap Frog  --  she likes listening to the songs and watching the flashing lights on Violet's collar.

imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • Options

I am guessing the Pee Pee things are so little boys don't pee on you?  I was expecting this when I had a boy after a girl but he honestly never, ever pees during a diaper change.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just saw something about a product called Magic Sleep Suit, looks really interesting and I might get one for DD who hates to be swaddled. The other thing I love that I didn't know about until recently is a wubanub pacifier. 
  • Options
    Oh geez I really need to update my siggy! 
  • Options

Summer Infant SwaddleMe's - we used these til DD was 10 weeks old

Halo Sleepsacks - we plan to use these until DD is at least a year old. She has already outgrown the smalls, is now in Medium

... that's about all of the "new" things I can think of ....

• Options

the rnp and ergo are my fave.

love the aden and anais blankets for wrapping. the boon grass bottle drying rack is a huge timesaver. love it. TONS of gerber flat cloth dipes to use as burp cloths to keep milk off her clothes. i also really love the baby k'tan carrier. L loves it and it's really easy to use.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Puj tub. Made bath time so easy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"